2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few people getting carried away by 1 result, I feel.

He 100% needs sacking at the end of the season.

Not even close to being good enough.

If we stayed up and the current board stayed on. His job would be safe 100%

If we stay up and a new board came in I'd say it very much will be a "thank you very much but we want to go a different way"

If got relegated and the current board stayed on, I think his job is safe.

If we get relegated and a new board came in I'd say it will very much be "we'll be relieving you of your duties".

New board = could very much be a clean slate
Current board = goes nowhere

Though I haven't factored in the "Moshiri effect"

So expect Bielsa, Potter or Silva to be approached whilst they don't sack Dyche, all reject us, Dyche resigns and we re sign Lampard.

If we stayed up and the current board stayed on. His job would be safe 100%

If we stay up and a new board came in I'd say it very much will be a "thank you very much but we want to go a different way"

If got relegated and the current board stayed on, I think his job is safe.

If we get relegated and a new board came in I'd say it will very much be "we'll be relieving you of your duties".

New board = could very much be a clean slate
Current board = goes nowhere

Though I haven't factored in the "Moshiri effect"

So expect Bielsa, Potter or Silva to be approached whilst they don't sack Dyche, all reject us, Dyche resigns and we re sign Lampard.
If the fella stays, I will support him, but I dont think hes very good.

There is going to be upheaval in the next couple of years, particularly around the board staying or going, then there's the stadium move, plus the P&L investigation, while all this is happening we need a steady hand on the team to try and guide them through the chaos, Dyche fits this role for me. Who knows he may be able to push us on a bit like Moyes did?

If we survive, it means we almost got relegated twice by despite getting two new managers who couldnt get any results. If there is some amazing manager out there, sure, you should never give up an amazing opportunity. But otherwise it seems foolhardy to once again through the squad into turmoil and give them a tough new start to the season under a new unknown manager. It seems begging for relegation.

What this club needs right now is a seasons of boring mid table stability, with no drama about being at the bottom of the table. Despite not getting a SINGLE player he needed after signing on and not being backed by the board, Dyche has gotten the team to play at a pace of 45 points in a season, comfortable mid-table. If we can sign a couple good players, then that indicates he will be able to comfortably do that job. A few years ago we had the glorious times of being disappointed when we hoped for, maybe expected, and missed out on a spot in Europe. Reality is far different now, and until there is actual turnover of the ownership and board this club desperately needs boring stability before trying to get back there.

I actually think he’s a load better than the team position is maybe showing. Are any of those teams in and around us winning 5-1 at Brighton? Coming back against Spurs being a man down (and we absolutely put the pedal down in that period even before Moura got a red). We could have been 4 up in the first half against Arsenal who were top of the league at the time.

They’re not normal things for a team low on confidence near the bottom of the league. They don’t just happen because we ‘had a go’ or ‘Spurs were crap’ or ‘Brighton were tired’. They happen because of Dyche’s tactical set up and game plan. We’ve had two of our best away performances in ages in the last two games with some of the worst players we’ve had in the PL.

He’s now averaging over a point per game with THIS group of players (would probably be far higher if he’d ditched Keane earlier). Over a full season that’s 40 points and that’s without having a capable striking option for most of the season.

Now imagine we give him a full preseason, get someone to keep Keane out the team, get him some decent attacking players to compliment and replace Calvert Lewin when he’s out. Do you think he has us anywhere near relegation trouble? No.

He’s revitalised McNeill, he’s got Doucoure in his best position, he’s got Calvert Lewin fully fit playing probably the most compete game I’ve seen since his spell under Ancelotti, Garner is playing well, Pickford is playing well, Tarkowski is playing well, he’s reintegrating Patterson. Players are improving under him. Set piece defence seems to have improved, we’re looking more dangerous on offensive set pieces too.

He’s also not scared to make big decisions (regardless of whether they work out). He moved Iwobi out wide, dropped Coady, benched Gray, dropped Onana our marquee signing, now he’s dropped Keane.

I just think we need to back him in the summer to get rid of who he wants out and get in extra firepower because I think he could actually do a very good job for us and we could see similar wins to what we saw at Brighton a bit more regularly.
This is my biggest praise for Dyche. He is not a coward. He actively looks for solutions whether they pan out or not. I have time for someone that tries instead of just blaming the squad for not getting it right. One if not the only manager in recent memory that did this. Whether he succeeds or not I appreciate him for that

Few people getting carried away by 1 result, I feel.

He 100% needs sacking at the end of the season.

Not even close to being good enough.
It depends what your ambitions are imo. I think he is a guy that can build a solid foundation and overachieve. So short term I think he is the answer to keep us afloat. Would his chaotic grindy style of footy get us climbing the table? That is where I have my doubts.

I have to see him with a better squad to judge him fairly. If we come into next season healthy with a solid left back and a decent winger then he will have no excuses. Myko is so poor at this point in his career that I’m amazed McNeil manages to accomplish anything.

It depends what your ambitions are imo. I think he is a guy that can build a solid foundation and overachieve. So short term I think he is the answer to keep us afloat. Would his chaotic grindy style of footy get us climbing the table? That is where I have my doubts.

I have to see him with a better squad to judge him fairly. If we come into next season healthy with a solid left back and a decent winger then he will have no excuses. Myko is so poor at this point in his career that I’m amazed McNeil manages to accomplish anything.
People keep slagging off Mykolenko but in reality we don't use any kind of attacking ideas for full backs on either side lol Won't be shocked if we play 4 CB's at the back, it makes no difference. Either full back isn't expected to create anything other than maybe the occasional cross from deep. He's not some amazingly brilliant footballer but several games lately he's gotten stick for existing without even the ball being near him lol

Also it really depends cuz if he goes out and spends (or wants to spend) actual money on some limited old crapola players which is a real possibility - might as well bin him on the spot.

We have had to endure Benitez and Lampard for 1 1/2 seasons, he's had no proper centre forward until about 2 games ago. To keep us up this season is a miracle. Even with the same team next season he would have us mid table. The man will have earned the right to see out his contract which is for the next two seasons. Unless we get a massive points deduction we wont have seasons like these last two over the next two. I truly believe he is a better manager than a lot of people think on this site

This is my biggest praise for Dyche. He is not a coward. He actively looks for solutions whether they pan out or not. I have time for someone that tries instead of just blaming the squad for not getting it right. One if not the only manager in recent memory that did this. Whether he succeeds or not I appreciate him for that

I like that he doesn’t make excuses. He just gets on with it. Also he’s shown in some games he’ll just absolutely go for it. At home to Spurs a goal down with ten men and we just absolutely went at them, away at Brighton who had just ripped wolves for 6 we just went for it, same in the Leicester game even though it was probably the highest pressure game of the season.

People comparing him to Allardyce or even Moyes are miles off the mark. They’re both completely different even to each other but neither of them have gone for it in the way that Dyche has done in some games. As soon as we go 1 up against Brighton then Allardyce is putting 11 in his own box. If we went a man and goal down to Spurs then it’s ten in the box and damage limitation. The way we pushed for a winner against Leicester, under Allardyce we’d have been inviting them on and probably have about 5 CBs on the pitch to protect the point. Moyes probably similar.

I just think Dyche is a bit more detached but in a good way, he’s not bothered if it’s City away or Southampton at home, he just wants to produce a performance. If we win we win, if we get battered so be it. In a way I’d rather take this than managers who are buzzing at an away point and falling over themselves for getting one at a top side. We might have a few heavy beatings on the way but there might also be a few more wins like we produced at Brighton.

Makes it more interesting anyway than the football we seem to have stuck on repeat for about 20 years of being a defensive team with a strong home record and can nick a draw away from home. The other night was some of the best counterattacking we’ve seen from any Everton team in the PL for the last 10 years.

I like that he doesn’t make excuses. He just gets on with it. Also he’s shown in some games he’ll just absolutely go for it. At home to Spurs a goal down with ten men and we just absolutely went at them, away at Brighton who had just ripped wolves for 6 we just went for it, same in the Leicester game even though it was probably the highest pressure game of the season.

People comparing him to Allardyce or even Moyes are miles off the mark. They’re both completely different even to each other but neither of them have gone for it in the way that Dyche has done in some games. As soon as we go 1 up against Brighton then Allardyce is putting 11 in his own box. If we went a man and goal down to Spurs then it’s ten in the box and damage limitation. The way we pushed for a winner against Leicester, under Allardyce we’d have been inviting them on and probably have about 5 CBs on the pitch to protect the point. Moyes probably similar.

I just think Dyche is a bit more detached but in a good way, he’s not bothered if it’s City away or Southampton at home, he just wants to produce a performance. If we win we win, if we get battered so be it. In a way I’d rather take this than managers who are buzzing at an away point and falling over themselves for getting one at a top side. We might have a few heavy beatings on the way but there might also be a few more wins like we produced at Brighton.

Makes it more interesting anyway than the football we seem to have stuck on repeat for about 20 years of being a defensive team with a strong home record and can nick a draw away from home. The other night was some of the best counterattacking we’ve seen from any Everton team in the PL for the last 10 years.
Yeah Dyche is not Allardyce or any of the dinosaurs. I know I’ve mentioned before that at Burnley he’d pick a moment in most games where he’d go all out and they would play good footy. He is calculated imo but he isn’t someone that will just park the bus and wait for that one in a billion chance for the perfect counter.

And one thing that is fairly obvious- Dyche has told the players to shoot. When they see a shot take it. How often would we pass up chances to try and look for that easy tap-in and squander it. The stat lines don’t look nearly as bad as they used to because we aren’t afraid to let fly. Sometimes the easiest solution is the best. It’s brought the best out of McNeil that is for sure. Sometimes just seeing a shot hit the target is a huge boost mentally.

I'm not sure mate, I think the way forward for us has to be young players, from the academy, or from European leagues. I see Dyche more as the bring in established experienced players, who will want big wages and who's value will drop like stones. Short term Dyche is ok, but, once we get into the new stadium, he is not the man for a rebuild, he won't be signing younger players whose value will increase and trading upwards.
I guess I'm thinking more of a Moyes-like balance of prospects (ie. young) and steady-eddies - I'm not sure to what extent Dyche has worked well with youth - he seems to have done well enough with developing Tarks, McNeil, Ings, Keane (yes, i know, but we bought him), Pope etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.