Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try and be optimistic but anything other than a win at Leicester and it’s over.

Can’t believe that the warning signs from last season were not blindingly obvious enough to the board.

Personally dont buy into the "Nothing to play for" stuff no matter who it is, any self respecting player which is probably not many should be aiming to win all the time no matter what the result means in terms of where it gets you in the table, they still have a little chance of Euro
Maybe but it's easy to be on the beach this stage of the season.

I got pelters for saying this - the PL is a closed shop unless you're one of the scab 6 or owned by a gulf state who can fiddle your books with large sponsers.

For a generation of Evertonians winning a play off final or the championship would be their first real domestic success regardless of how small that is in comparison to our rich 'istory therefore if worst case scenario does happen it is NOT the end.
Yes, the stronger and more established teams will do better but they should do better as they are building and improving each year. But to say Everton can't compete is total BS and just making excuses. If Everton had appointed the right manager and had the correct DoF setup 5 or 6 years ago then Everton would be right up there in the top 6 competing for silverware. It is 100% the result of poor decision making that has Everton not up there at the top. The same can be said for many teams. Villa finished 6th for 3 consecutive seasons under Martin O'Neil and then bad owners, bad managers and bad player purchases led to Villa being relegated. It was 100% Villa's fault and had nothing to do with Man City et al. Look at Newcastle, they have spent less money than either Villa or Everton and they are in the Champions League positions because they have a good manager and they are buying the right players! Its time to grow a pair and stop looking for excuses and realise that if things are done properly it can work.

I’m so happy 😁

Heard the same mate, only if we are down at that point.

They are definitely looking at it, which is a disgrace but I get it after what I saw going on the other night - gutting.
Would season ticket holders get 1/19th of the cost of the season ticket back? That's hardly going to help the financial situation.

We don't care what the red side say !

Liverpool will always be above us - like Man Utd, Man City etc. the chance of us joining the elite went when FFP was introduced and the rules are getting even more anti competitive as we speak.

If you're arl enough to have seen us win league titles and FA Cups you're fortunate as those days are long gone for clubs like us.
Yes I am and I’ve got a son who is 10 and worships the club, goes the match on ans season ticket and has mates in school who are Kopites who don’t go, but give him stick already.

So yeah, he does obviously care what the rs say.

Status
Not open for further replies.