Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a clear foul on maupay there after he took a shot

thought u could get pens for that, didn't arsenal get a pen earlier in the season for something similar when a goalie took out the player after the player had shot and missed?

Simms stands an infinitely better chance at scoring the easy chances Maupay misses today.

Regardless of how good Simms actually is, it is extraordinarily poor management to expect him to lead the line against Liverpool and united on his own miles from anyone and bomb him out afterwards.
His first 2 Starts Analfield and Old Trafford, What a way To introduce a young lad to the Premiership and help his confidence 🤔

Anyway regardless of that, why on god's earth did we change from a formation that was working for us with Gray taking that spot.
Dyche has got to hold his hands up and accept responsibility for these Decisions.
Even I know square pegs don't fit in round holes 🙄

Shocking day, no excuses, just bloody shocking !!!!!

The fans shouldn't be expected to get the team over line. A performance like that doesn't deserve plaudits from fans, it was unacceptable at this stage of the season.
After doing it last season and being rewarded with the club somehow stooping to new low after new low this season I don’t see why anyone thinks the fans should have the heart to do it again.

My friends and family regard me as an eternal pessimist, particularly when it comes to Everton FC. But as a new member to this forum I'm shocked to learn that so many of my fellows Blues have already written off our great club.

Some of us are talking as if we are odds on to go down, but we aren't even in the relegation zone! I remember Wimbledon and I remember Coventry. I remember the trepidation and ultimately the jubilation. I didn't write us off when we were 2-0 down against Wimbledon and needed to win to stay up, so with 24 points still to play for and with 3 dire teams still below us I refuse to give up.

Dyche, rather uncharacteristically, made some mistakes against Fulham. We also sorely missed Doucoure. However, our overall home record under Dyche is solid and that will keep us up... as long as we Blues keep the faith.

We fans need to treat every remaining home game as a cup final, just as we did last season. With just a few games to go last season we were actually in the relegation zone and Burnley were very much in the ascendency. But we stayed up and maintained our Premier League status... just as we will this season.

We are Everton. We don't do relegation. In our entire 140-year history we have been relegated just twice and we have enjoyed more seasons in the top division than any other club.

Resigning ourselves to relegation achieves nothing. It simply plays into the hands of those who would love to see us on our knees and relegated to the oblivion of the lower leagues.

Keep the faith, Blues.

Fulham were much better than Utd in the Cup till the implosion and have some tidy footballers.
They outplayed EFC yesterday playing in first gear.

Everton need a target man to get up the pitch that is why the Maupay purchase and playing
him yesterday was so stupid. EFC have the worst attacking threat in the League alongside Soton
and that is why the DCL absence is so keenly felt. Without Miatrovic Fulham had other options, EFC without DCL have none.

Status
Not open for further replies.