Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their third goal was actually pretty good, so can't get too upset about that. Bit like Gray's goal at city, it happens sometimes. But the other two goals - where's the midfield gone? Happened more times where they could just have a simple shot in our area. Had a go at Onana about this several times in the past, but they are all the same, slowly jogging back watching the play...
The 3rd one? James goal? Absolutely terrible defending from the lack of awareness of the free kick and Keane being turned inside out. It was well taken for sure. But definitely preventable

Nothing more frustrating for a fan than seeing the manager make the same unforced errors as the previous one. Would honestly like a journo to ask him straight what he thinks Maupay offers to the team.
I agree he is useless but who else is there? Simms my backside. Our forwards do not score goals. Simples.

I agree he is useless but who else is there? Simms my backside. Our forwards do not score goals. Simples.
Simms stands an infinitely better chance at scoring the easy chances Maupay misses today.

Regardless of how good Simms actually is, it is extraordinarily poor management to expect him to lead the line against Liverpool and united on his own miles from anyone and bomb him out afterwards.

Was at Aintree today so only saw highlights which suggest Fulham could have had 5/6
Ye maybe we had a few chances end of first half atmosphere was flat maybe when the teamsheet came out.. hope had a great day went on Friday very very wet

I can't really fault Dyche because he inherited a mess, a team that were joint on points with the bottom side and that didn't even have one proven striker. I can't even fault the players because they gave their all today.

The atmosphere was dire at Goodison today at a time when we really needed the fans, but I won't even fault the fans because we've been served up so much dross since the Premier League began.

Sadly we are down and that means the stadium almost certainly won't be finished. Where that leaves us in terms of a stadium I don't know because I don't imagine Goodison will pass its health and safety checks for much longer.

I can't really fault Dyche because he inherited a mess, a team that were joint on points with the bottom side and that didn't even have one proven striker. I can't even fault the players because they gave their all today.

The atmosphere was dire at Goodison today at a time when we really needed the fans, but I won't even fault the fans because we've been served up so much dross since the Premier League began.

Sadly we are down and that means the stadium almost certainly won't be finished. Where that leaves us in terms of a stadium I don't know because I don't imagine Goodison will pass its health and safety checks for much longer.
Dyche
Why on Earth would you start Maupay and Gray up top and play long balls that neither of them have a hope in winning? Why play Godfrey over an actual right back?

The players
Is it their fault their crap? They are what they are. I do agree they put in effort.

The fans
I can only speak for lower gwladys but the atmosphere was buzzing before the game and the start of the game then we got served up a horrible 20 mins where we didn’t win any first or second balls. From the goal onwards until they went 2-1 up the atmosphere was good again. Then we went 3-1 down in what most of us felt was a must win game and honestly the atmosphere was depression, not even toxicity.

The stadium will be finished wherever we play, I don’t understand why anything otherwise would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.