Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important to note that previously when Stellini was standing in for Conte there was no real pressure for him to get results.

Now that he's the manager, the pressure will be on. There won't be a 'new manger bounce'. Not with this being his first stint and definitely not with Levy being his boss.

I reckon he must be the worse owner to work for in the whole league.

You've got to start Simms.

He's an available striker who made huge progress in his last game, and there are no other options. To not start him here would be a massive F U to him by the manager to select a midfielder in his place up front.

There has been loads of time ahead of this fixture to work with McNeil, Gray and Simms to get them acting as a unit and figure out how they are gonna attack Spurs. It's not at all like we're throwing Simms in just a few days after his last game.

Gray has been decent recently for me, while Iwobi has been incredibly poor, so put Gray right wing, drop Iwobi, McNeil left, then same as for the rest of us positions as long as Coleman is fully fit.

Pickford
Coleman Tarks Keane Godfrey
Gana Onana Doucoure
Gray Simms McNeil

I know simms has only scored 1 etc, but we need a striker to have a run of form.

Most of us are forgetting Spurs are 4th.

A point would still be a good result.

A win would be incredible.
True , but we obviously need the win desperately.
A draw would be palatable and keeps our chances of survival alive.
Defeat would heighten our peril significantly especially with a very difficult away fixture ahead.
A win here and a draw away would be a great boost to our chances.
Here’s hoping anyway.

True , but we obviously need the win desperately.
A draw would be palatable and keeps our chances of survival alive.
Defeat would heighten our peril significantly especially with a very difficult away fixture ahead.
A win here and a draw away would be a great boost to our chances.
Here’s hoping anyway.

Yes 4pts from the next 2 games puts us on played 30 + 30pts. 8 games to get 8-10pts.

We'd have one foot in the safety zone.

Most of us are forgetting Spurs are 4th.

A point would still be a good result.

A win would be incredible.
Exactly this, alot on here are talking like it is a full gone conclusion and Spurs are already beaten..... I can understand confidence but that is just outright delusional.

We have beaten Spurs once in the last 19 games.... Since 13/14 Kane has scored 14 against us for Spurs, Eriksen 5, Son 4, Alli 4. In reply our top scorer agaisnt them is Sigurdsson with 3.

Different game but it will be absolutely tough and we need to play well to get anything.

1680423335639.png

Exactly this, alot on here are talking like it is a full gone conclusion and Spurs are already beaten..... I can understand confidence but that is just outright delusional.

We have beaten Spurs once in the last 19 games.... Since 13/14 Kane has scored 14 against us for Spurs, Eriksen 5, Son 4, Alli 4. In reply our top scorer agaisnt them is Sigurdsson with 3.

Different game but it will be absolutely tough and we need to play well to get anything.

View attachment 207804
Last time we beat Spurs at Goodison in the league?

1680423767972.png

Pickford
Coleman Tarks Keane Godfrey
Gana Onana Doucoure
Gray Simms McNeil

I know simms has only scored 1 etc, but we need a striker to have a run of form.
I'd agree with this. Iwobi seems to have lost some of the spark he gained under Frank, so he could make way to allow Grey and Simms to both start.

As long as we don't get beat. Keep it tight and hit them on the counter and who knows we may just win.

Status
Not open for further replies.