Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The authorities are desperate to try make an example out of us because of the Usmanov connection. The same authorities in bed with the Saudi's who were pushed into authorising the Saudi Takeover of Newcastle by the Tory government.

Shame on any fan of ours happy to stick the boot in and buzz off potential punishments. FFP/P&L are SCAMS.

Come on Sir Farhad take em to the cleaners !

You are an enemy of this club.

🐍

In the unlikely event of a transfer embargo of a window - am I right in saying that a club would then have the right to appeal this to the Court of Arbitration for Sport?

If so, and the commission report concluded we had a transfer ban for next summer we'd be able to get past that window and buy the strikers we need.

MOSHIRI OUT
I don’t think this one is all his fault, it’s the system that‘s the problem. It’s punitive against clubs with lower turnover but wealthy owners, trying to stop them investing in their clubs and competing at the top level.
Moshiri has invested a hell of a lot of money in this club trying to bring us success. His only failing is that he could have appointed a better team around him to deliver his vision.

I assume there's a group of clubs, some rivals to avoid the drop, others perhaps not, that have prevailed on the PL to be seen to be doing something here. There was definitely reporting last summer that the complaints weren't limited to Leeds and Burnley.

It's big news. If it ends in a transfer ban anytime over the next 1-2 seasons, that's tantamount to relegation for us.

The timing is surprising. They have been operating on a hand to mouth basis for two whole seasons and I thought everything had to be run past the PL anyway.

There were questions about the auditors refusing to sign off on the accounts, did that come to pass?

Either way, there is no more damning reflection on Moshiri and, in particular, the board.

There is mischief-making in this, and the timing of it without doubt, but there has been a very strong stench for years from the club.

I don’t think this one is all his fault, it’s the system that‘s the problem. It’s punitive against clubs with lower turnover but wealthy owners, trying to stop them investing in their clubs and competing at the top level.
Moshiri has invested a hell of a lot of money in this club trying to bring us success. His only failing is that he could have appointed a better team around him to deliver his vision.

No, it’s entirely his fault. It’s not the system that has made us lose £100m a year for 5 consecutive years. He should be aware of the rules as owner of the club. He’s been reckless and irresponsible and the chickens are coming home to roost.

In the unlikely event of a transfer embargo of a window - am I right in saying that a club would then have the right to appeal this to the Court of Arbitration for Sport?

If so, and the commission report concluded we had a transfer ban for next summer we'd be able to get past that window and buy the strikers we need.
Might sound silly, but if a transfer embargo was put against us, would we still be able to offer new contracts to our players ?

IIRC you can, you just need to get permission to do it and there has to be a compelling reason.
If the penalty bans a club from signing players then you cannot sign anyone, whether they are free or not and there are no exceptions. When Chelsea received their ban they were not allowed to sign any player. If the club receives a transfer embargo as their penalty it means that as a default they cannot sign any players but they can plead their case with the FA to justify why they need to sign a player and they need to show that the club can afford to purchase the player

I have always believed that Moshiri is the front man, bag man, codpiece, what have you, of Usmanov, and with Usmanov and his money now persona non grata, Moshiri doesn't have the funds himself to legitimately own and finance the club.

It's likely that the firms recently investigating investment looked at the books and saw the same.

Whatever - let's get it out. Let's lance the boil. Let's fumigate the abbatoir. Let the truth set us free, let's take our lumps, and if Moshiri really is an untenable owner, let's have a sale, even if it's a forced fire sale. A good operator will recognize the value of the distressed asset.

Think we'll get away with it. We presumably had multi year deals with USM, megafone and alike - you can't really plan to cut 25 odd million out of your expected budget within a season. Mitigating circumstances.

So the rules are there to stop cubs destroying themselves. But if you dont follow the rules, they'll punish you and destroy the club anyway.

We all know the rules were brought in to stop sugar daddies gatecrashing the champions league places. Chelsea managed to sneak in but there's no more room.

However, notwithstanding the above. We knew the rules and signed up to them. So it's a double whammy for us. Excluded from any chance of dining at the top table but we are run by an incompetent board to boot. Woohoo

Status
Not open for further replies.