Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP is and always has been a farce to maintain the status quo. It needs binning yesterday.

As per Transfermarkt, over the last 5 years, we've a net loss of -£141m, more or less. Arsenal have -£549m, Chelsea -£740m, and United -£611m. Other sites show differing figures but the point remains they've all posted losses much, much greater than ours.

That -£141m includes the last 2 years where we've been in profit too by the way, any sane person would be asking why on earth would they seek to punish us now? Just about staved off relegation last year and in the mix yet again. Hard to view it is as anything other than nefarious.

For the possibly millionth time, P&S is not about net spend, it’s about profit and loss.

Be interesting to see how quickly they try and push this through. All parties might accept a big fine quickly. No way can they relegate 3 other clubs if we are still alleged but unpunished for a crime that “could” attract a points penalty sending us down. Would be utter carnage to apply a points penalty after summer if we have stayed up, and 3 teams have already played matches in the Championship.

That said if we go down anyway, doesn’t affect anyone other than us if we start next year on -10.

I am not not worried tbh. They can literally do anything they want to it’s so corrupt, ranging from a stern shake of the head to destroying the next decade.

For the possibly millionth time, P&S is not about net spend, it’s about profit and loss.
I'll just copy and paste my reply here for you.

"That's the point though. They're already well established and have big commercial deals; FFP ensures it stays that way. Who's breaking through the glass ceiling and securing massive commercial deals when they're spending about a fifth of what the "big clubs" are?"

Maybe this is related to the City case? City could point to Everton not being investigated if they're getting investigate it and it could weaken the commission;s case against them.

I'll just copy and paste my reply here for you.

"That's the point though. They're already well established and have big commercial deals; FFP ensures it stays that way. Who's breaking through the glass ceiling and securing massive commercial deals when they're spending about a fifth of what the "big clubs" are?"

Maybe our glorious owner should’ve thought about that before he started trying to match clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool for spending.

Everton Football Club is disappointed to hear of the Premier League’s decision to refer an allegation of a breach of Profit & Sustainability regulations to an independent commission for review.

The Club strongly contests the allegation of non-compliance and together with its independent team of experts is entirely confident that it remains compliant with all financial rules and regulations.

Everton is prepared to robustly defend its position to the commission. The Club has, over several years, provided information to the Premier League in an open and transparent manner and has consciously chosen to act with the utmost good faith at all times.

The Club will not be making any further comment at this time.

The authorities are desperate to try make an example out of us because of the Usmanov connection. The same authorities in bed with the Saudi's who were pushed into authorising the Saudi Takeover of Newcastle by the Tory government.

Shame on any fan of ours happy to stick the boot in and buzz off potential punishments. FFP/P&L are SCAMS.

Come on Sir Farhad take em to the cleaners !

Status
Not open for further replies.