2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what I'd do if I were Dyche: name him on the bench with Simms and - depending on the circumstances - look to one of them with 15-20 minutes to go.

He should be able to deal with the stress of that and be available next game up.

I dont even want him starting, tbh. We have our attacking approach now under Dyche. We've got past that need to have Dominic Calvert-Lewin as a target man.
I dont want him to be put straight back in because gray has played well and could put his confidence down. Will be a great option to have dcl as could be in two with gray and used as a target to hit for the crosses

skysports-dominic-calvert-lewin_6075205.png
Don’t believe them with/without comparisons a lot of other factors affect that like how 💩 we’ve become other players out injured etc

Let's hope so because if he's fit for a handful of the last 10 games then it'll drastically improve our chances.

After that, it's down to the club to address their negligence on not signing a striker.
Problem is I fear it would take him them 10 games to get up to speed probably still be better than what we have but I doubt he’s got 10 games in him

We'd have beaten Villa at the very least too

So about 11th
This is a conclusion drawn from static analysis. Hes just not scoring goals regularly enough to state that.

Projecting what he could do in the past - especially under Ancelotti - to this period, and not factoring changes to his physicality, or the players we have now and the way this manager is currently setting up, doesn't make sense to me.

He did very well when he came into the team against Arsenal at Goodison, but we've done equally well without him. As said, if he gets on the pitch then great. But I'd say the manager has seen us past a point where we are reliant on him. And that was sensible management.

Status
Not open for further replies.