Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I'm fine to be vaulted... but you honestly can't tell me that when we conceded it wasn't looking like we'd just roll over at that point considering how the game had gone.

When Frank was sacked less than 2 months ago we were firmly ensconced in the bottom 3 and it was only goal difference that was keeping us above the bottom placed team.

Who'd have thought that by 20th March, after having played the RS away and Arsenal twice and Chelsea away, that we would be in 15th place and just one point off 12th?

It's a testament to the 'never say die' attitude of our fans and the brilliance of our new manager, as well as the effort and exertion of our players. Let's not forget that we don't currently have a proven Premier League striker in our entire squad; to go to Stamford Bridge and score two goals with no striker really is no mean feat.

I still can't quite understand how and why we were so lethargic in the first 30 mins. My initial impression was that someone must have spiked our pre match cup of tea. It was like a Sunday pub team had turned up.
We can't afford to start like that again.

When Frank was sacked less than 2 months ago we were firmly ensconced in the bottom 3 and it was only goal difference that was keeping us above the bottom placed team.

Who'd have thought that by 20th March, after having played the RS away and Arsenal twice and Chelsea away, that we would be in 15th place and just one point off 12th?

It's a testament to the 'never say die' attitude of our fans and the brilliance of our new manager, as well as the effort and exertion of our players. Let's not forget that we don't currently have a proven Premier League striker in our entire squad; to go to Stamford Bridge and score two goals with no striker really is no mean feat.
Frank went far too late. I said all along that we actually don’t have a half bad group of players, a lot of our players are proven internationals, it was just simply Frank couldn’t get a tune out of them and struggled with the goals side of the game without Dom. You can already see how Sean is working with the guys on set pieces. Tarkowski wins every header from every corner which is always swung towards the back post, it’s simple stuff which Frank hadn’t mastered yet.

If you can’t win a game, then don’t lose. These points could be vital at the end of the season, Forest and Chelsea away, 2 points. Would have took that all day. We now need to show up against Spurs and Fulham, forget United away, they are on fire. But if we turn up against Spurs and Fulham then who knows, 32 points, are we virtually safe after with another win and a draw. It’s so tight but if defo all seems better than under Frank.

I have said all along Sean’s job is to get us to finish 17th, stay in the league and then he needs to be backed in the transfer window. Get him a tall, horrible forward, Mitrovic style, get him a creative attacking midfielder Erickson style and we almost have a team on our hands for next season.

Frank went far too late. I said all along that we actually don’t have a half bad group of players, a lot of our players are proven internationals, it was just simply Frank couldn’t get a tune out of them and struggled with the goals side of the game without Dom. You can already see how Sean is working with the guys on set pieces. Tarkowski wins every header from every corner which is always swung towards the back post, it’s simple stuff which Frank hadn’t mastered yet.

If you can’t win a game, then don’t lose. These points could be vital at the end of the season, Forest and Chelsea away, 2 points. Would have took that all day. We now need to show up against Spurs and Fulham, forget United away, they are on fire. But if we turn up against Spurs and Fulham then who knows, 32 points, are we virtually safe after with another win and a draw. It’s so tight but if defo all seems better than under Frank.

I have said all along Sean’s job is to get us to finish 17th, stay in the league and then he needs to be backed in the transfer window. Get him a tall, horrible forward, Mitrovic style, get him a creative attacking midfielder Erickson style and we almost have a team on our hands for next season.
Don’t forget United they have 3 games in 8 days. Also missing there best midfielder they can be got at.

We'd be absolutely fine if we'd have a bit more creativity in the front line and someone can score a reasonable amount of goals.

Simms has alot to learn still but he looks very calm infront of goal based on Sunday and clips of him at Sunderland. If he can pitch in with 5 goals from now to end, be a good return and will no doubt have us safe.

Feeling positive about this season's outcome, despite our upcoming fixtures.

If we can somehow beat Spurs on the Monday, I think we'll be absolutely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.