New Everton Stadium Discussion

I pretty much have to drive from where I live near Stockport. So parking is going to be an issue come what may. It's already a drag at Goodison and I know it will get worse, so my 5 hour day will probably turn into at least 6 hours.
"Eh mate can I look after yer car?"
aka
"Do you want your windows doing in if you don't slide me a few quid here and now in advance of me absolutely not looking after your car whatsoever"

"Eh mate can I look after yer car?"
aka
"Do you want your windows doing in if you don't slide me a few quid here and now in advance of me absolutely not looking after your car whatsoever"
As a kid, I fondly remember, the only time my dad would retract the aerial on our Ford Capri was when we parked it outside my grandma’s house in Bootle.

Are there lots of ale houses on the way ? I plan on getting to the stadium in decent nick rather than getting there totally bladdered :Blink: lol

Mind you it’s the only way to watch Everton these days
Screenshot_20230315_150827_Google.jpg

Good selection in the area between Moorfields & James St Station.

I reckon parking around BMD will be more plentiful than parking at Goodison. Absolutely positive there will be more off road parking
This will be crucial to out-of-towners like us who don't have a railway station nearby.

Am optimistic the lure of easy money will persuade small businesses to open their car parks for a fee

I thought about parking near Goodison and getting taxi to and from stadium.

The supporters coach I went up with at the weekend is now having to park in Arkles Lane as Priory Road is only for away coaches (think that's the gist of it anyhow), according to Google it's a tad under a mile to get to Goodison Road from there and a bit more to get to 'spoons.

It's really not that far to walk so if you throw that kind of radius around BMD I'm sure people will be able to find parking within it.

Mind you it was a horrible walk back, good job we won else that would have been pretty miserable being that cold and wet.

View attachment 206535
Good selection in the area between Moorfields & James St Station.
Exactly. If you're dead set on walking it's straight out of the station and over to Dale St.

Rigbys is always a good bet, the excellent Denbigh Castle just around the corner. (or swerve them both and nip into the railway, cracking little boozer that is often overlooked.)

From any of those just head straight up Old Hall Street, cross over onto Great Howard St (appropriate) and cut through left and any point between there and the ground.

A brisk walk from the station in about 40 mins, but where's the fun in that? A few pints with your mates over 2-3 hrs is far more civilised.

Just park in one of the multi-stories in town and walk or take a black cab up for a few quid each. That said, I'm sure the club has thought about car parking and, alongside the council, will have plans for it.