2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t he banging them in in the u18 league at one stage?
Who’s to say that if given enough time he wouldn’t replicate that form in the premier league?

We're going to need Simms during the run in as we have such a small squad - I'd be giving him the last 10-15 minutes when needed

We're going to need Simms during the run in as we have such a small squad - I'd be giving him the last 10-15 minutes when needed
I still like Simms but if he’s behind DCL, Maupay and now Gray we probably don’t need him. Our run in isn’t too congested either so won’t require too much rotation.

Sure he’d rather be continuing his productive loan at Sunderland than getting one start with a thankless task then a spell on the bench (at best).

I still like Simms but if he’s behind Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Maupay and now Gray we probably don’t need him. Our run in isn’t too congested either so won’t require too much rotation.

Sure he’d rather be continuing his productive loan at Sunderland than getting one start with a thankless task then a spell on the bench (at best).
I'd like to see more of him after more games for Sunderland. Love to see Everton players coming through the our system. Gordon shows it can work.

BUT, I've also been a supporter of Davies, Holgate, DCL, JJK et al and it's not like these lads have really lit the place alight.

Very hopeful for Branthwaite, Cannon and couple of others. Would be great to add Simms to that list, he needs games to develop first.

I'd like to see more of him after more games for Sunderland. Love to see Everton players coming through the our system. Gordon shows it can work.

BUT, I've also been a supporter of Davies, Holgate, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, JJK et al and it's not like these lads have really lit the place alight.

Very hopeful for Branthwaite, Cannon and couple of others. Would be great to add Simms to that list, he needs games to develop first.
Would like to see him get a full year loan next season before a decision is made about his future with us, at 22 he’s not getting younger, but strikers mature at different rates and need games and goals to help them along.

Someone like Gyokeres wasn’t very highly thought of at 22 but has come on leaps and bounds getting regular championship football, and will likely be a PL player next season. I don’t think Simms is a write off yet.

Would like to see him get a full year loan next season before a decision is made about his future with us, at 22 he’s not getting younger, but strikers mature at different rates and need games and goals to help them along.

Someone like Gyokeres wasn’t very highly thought of at 22 but has come on leaps and bounds getting regular championship football, and will likely be a PL player next season. I don’t think Simms is a write off yet.
Yes staying at Sunderland would of done him the world of good but we had no choice really was clear once we re called him that we wasn’t signing anyone.

I think you get to a point where you have to make a decision, and we're pretty much at that point now. Of course he could still improve and become a top player but it's far less likely at this point. This was pretty much the perfect opportunity for him to show that he can cut it here, if he ends up not taking it then it's very difficult to imagine him ever doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.