2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

its not to avoid criticism it simply illustrates he is rated as the top English GK, i guess

When Southgate looks at the mistakes Pickford makes against what Pope and Ramsdale are doing, the England number 1 becomes the easiest decision in the world for him.

Ramsdale is a complete clown who is all over the place diving over easy shots. Pope goes to pot in any game that has the slightest bit of pressure on it and is terrible with the ball at his feet.

Then you’ve got a keeper who gets better the bigger the game.

Hopefully it's just Everton taking a step back, realising we are absolutely crap and deciding not to pay players 100k a week.

There's not one player in this squad worth 100k a week, Pickford included in that. We are absolutely dreadful and relegated or not, need a complete reset because we simply can't afford to be paying players over 50k a week to spend 75% of the season in a relegation fight.
True but I think it’s premier league clubs in general not just Everton once clubs started paying players 200k plus think that’s brought the wages of average players up also and the money involved with the premier league now it’s obvious players want a share of that so demands go up. They’re spoilt being paid well for something they love doing and what most of us would do for a 100th of what they earn they get too much too soon and believe they are superstars living the superstar lifestyle when in reality (Gordon) for example has only just had a full season of games, then you have the other players who lose interest at 25/26 because they haven’t had to work another day in their lives for the last 4 years unfortunately the games been ruined by money.

Your first two sentences are a contradiction. He makes the saves he should make but he doesn’t get the basics right? One doesn’t follow the other.
Watch the end of last season again and tell me how they’re saves he should be making? That’s the problem Pickford has, anything good he does and it’s derided as ‘that’s what he should be doing’, any time he makes a mistake and it’s like he’s the first keeper to ever make a mistake.
They're not contradictions because I go on to explain about him not getting the basics right. Yes he makes good saves like all the prem keepers do, watch them and see. But the top ones get the basics right most of the time. Pickford doesn't.

They're not contradictions because I go on to explain about him not getting the basics right. Yes he makes good saves like all the prem keepers do, watch them and see. But the top ones get the basics right most of the time. Pickford doesn't.

Who are the top ones? Ederson, Allison, Lloris, Ramsdale, De Gea, Kepa? They’re the top 6 keepers and they’re absolute error ridden.

Ederson concedes pretty much every shot he faces, Allison’s distribution is woeful for a top keeper and he’s weak getting down to shots across his goal, Lloris is a walking car crash in goal. I actually think De Gea is the best of the lot and he’s had a few rough seasons in between his best form. Pickford really isn’t far away from some of that lot which considering we’re a bottom half team is pretty good. I wouldn’t swap him for some of the clowns at other bottom 14 clubs.

If this was the PL of Cech Van Der Sar Courtouis, Seaman, Schmeichal then I’d concede the point but the top keepers in this league are just as error prone as Pickford. None of them are ‘doing the basics right’

Status
Not open for further replies.