Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leeds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the goal again on MOTD. When Iwobi plays the ball forward Coleman runs onto it. I looked at Maupay and instead of sprinting into the box in support to allow Coleman to put it across the box he’s just strolling forward with absolutely no urgency. Service to our strikers is poor but an attitude like that is a total disgrace.

You must have been sat in an obscured view. I saw a different Everton who played very well snd dominated throughout.
We were the better side but Leeds were absolutely woeful.

We made some really bad decisions on the ball, especially in midfield.

We deserved the win but ultimately relied on a bolt from the blue to get it (which is fine, just won't happen a lot).

We need to find a way of creating chances that aren't just set-pieces, but hopefully that'll come. It isn't sustainable against better teams and I'm telling you we will not play a worst team than the way Leeds performed yesterday.

Villa will be a different task altogether.

Just watched the goal again on MOTD. When Iwobi plays the ball forward Coleman runs onto it. I looked at Maupay and instead of sprinting into the box in support to allow Coleman to put it across the box he’s just strolling forward with absolutely no urgency. Service to our strikers is poor but an attitude like that is a total disgrace.
Mate he's not great but he put a shift in especially second half

It's been a bad few days for the good folk of Leeds. Thursday night Warrington Wolves 42 - Leeds Rhinos 10. Yesterday Everton 1 - Leeds Utd. 0

I've just watched the game through. MoM for me was our captain Seamus Coleman, not just for his goal. His overall performance, for a player that regularly gets slated as over the hill and not up to the job by the "experts" on here, was near faultless.

What was with the announcement yesterday about people who continue to stand they will be ejected? Normally in a comatose state of boredom watching us but cant say I've heard that before
A regular announcement at our home games. The clarity of our announcements are normally quite audible wherever you sit in the ground so you must have heard it frequently unless you frequent the scouse pie counter during the games.

Away form obviously a real concern but you can stay up with a strong home record. Not sure the other teams at the bottom have a weapon like Goodison - the roar of the crowd carrying the side. Dyche is already tapping into that.

A regular announcement at our home games. The clarity of our announcements are normally quite audible wherever you sit in the ground so you must have heard it frequently unless you frequent the scouse pie counter during the games.
Dont miss a game mate ...must be mutton jeff 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.