2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Neville had the common decency to retire for the good of the team, this shithouse doesn’t have an ounce of professional pride. Every bit a wage thief as half the players that have been slaughtered on here for years for hanging around.

The absolute shame of you. I assume you were nowhere near the ground yesterday.

The stick Coleman has had on this thread is disgraceful.

I think its ok to love Coleman, enjoy his performance yesterday, admire his loyalty to the club, and how nice a guy he seems to be, while also thinking that he's not able to play consistently well, get up and down the pitch like he used to, and that we could do with a slightly more aggressive captain. He's been great for us!

Yes, he's go that shot in him. How anyone could believe that shot yesterday wasn't a shot is beyond me.

Did anyone believe that it wasn't a shot? I wouldn't be surprised if Sky or BBC added a snide little lazy commentary: 'Not sure if he meant it, but Everton will take goals from anywhere...' 'His hopeful cross found the back of the net'...etc etc.
We've seen superb finishes like this from him in the past.

Gary Neville had the common decency to retire for the good of the team, this shithouse doesn’t have an ounce of professional pride. Every bit a wage thief as half the players that have been slaughtered on here for years for hanging around.

loel.gif

I think its ok to love Coleman, enjoy his performance yesterday, admire his loyalty to the club, and how nice a guy he seems to be, while also thinking that he's not able to play consistently well, get up and down the pitch like he used to, and that we could do with a slightly more aggressive captain. He's been great for us!
You have to view Seamus's decline in the context of a squad the players he's amongst. Even in his final year or two as a PL player he's still our best RFB and one of our most influential players.

Did anyone believe that it wasn't a shot? I wouldn't be surprised if Sky or BBC added a snide little 'Not sure if he meant it, but Everton will take goals from anywhere...'
To be honest, I didn’t believe it was a shot when I saw it. I think lots didn’t. Rewatching it several times has changed my mind. And it was an excellent goal to cap off a fine performance.

I don’t blame anyone for not thinking it was a shot. As wasn’t it only his second goal in like 100 appearances or something? It was unexpected and incredibly accurate from him which as others have said, isn’t something we are necessarily used to from his crossing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.