2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that from Dychy.

Thats very positive.

I think he'll either stay the next 2 or 3 seasons as he wants to develop at the club or we'll be seeing a massive bid this summer of £80-100mil.

If we could keep him and build around him then that would be great.

This season we should be laughing on FFP so should be able to splash out a little in the summer.

Thats very positive.

I think he'll either stay the next 2 or 3 seasons as he wants to develop at the club or we'll be seeing a massive bid this summer of £80-100mil.

If we could keep him and build around him then that would be great.

This season we should be laughing on FFP so should be able to splash out a little in the summer.
Don't think he's worth 80-100m right now tbh (unless a team completely loses their mind for some reason). Maybe after another year of great performances he *might* be, but right now nah.

Don't think he's worth 80-100m right now tbh (unless a team completely loses their mind for some reason). Maybe after another year of great performances he *might* be, but right now nah.

Look at the market for u23 players. Theres generally an acceptance that a vast % of the fee is based on potential.

We have a 20% sell on to Lille so we'd need to sell at £83mil to receive £66.4mil on the surface or £73mil if its based on anything above his signing fee.

Either way i think the fee would need to be well over £83mil.

He will go on to the very top, he's still young and there are elements of his play that you might consider raw, but his ceiling is so high, it's scary to think how good he potentially could be.

We have to keep him, build around him.

Not only an unbelievable player, but an unbelievable attitude too.

Look at the market for u23 players. Theres generally an acceptance that a vast % of the fee is based on potential.

We have a 20% sell on to Lille so we'd need to sell at £83mil to receive £66.4mil on the surface or £73mil if its based on anything above his signing fee.

Think its 20% profit. But seeing some of the fees bandied about, 32m is very cheap for Onana.

This will all depend on what league were in.

Not a finance expert so somebody can confirm but from a profit and sustainability standpoint selling him only a year into his contract would not do us much good as his value on the balance sheet would only have amortised a year. So considering that with the sell on it would have to be huge money if we stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.