2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in here telling us he will turn on us and leave in 6 months, are the same guys who get a beautiful women and waste the whole time the have her complaining she will leave for someone better.
Everybody leaves, its a fact of life, but right now when we really need a catalyst, he is stepping up to be that. Lets enjoy him whilst we have him.
Exactly. We seem to forget that some club legends were only here for a short time. Lineker - 1 season, Gray, McKenzie and Kancheksis - 2 seasons. Sometimes quality > quantity

I've said since the first time I saw him play, he is destined for the very top, he won't be here too long, he is far above our level. Enjoy him while He's here and hopefully we make a lot of money when we sell him.

We either have to hope suddenly we get a lot closer to the top teams in personnel and results or Onana sees that time is on his side and he is happy to learn his trade here so he's 100% ready to make that next step when he is 23/24 and entering his prime.

Amadou Onana, the subject of interest from Arsenal and Chelsea in the recent transfer window, was immense in midfield but Dyche insisted there is much more to come from the Belgium international. “He is a talent, but the ugly side of the game he has to learn,” Dyche said. “I told him I would get [former Burnley player] Steven Defour to speak with him. He will teach him what the requirements of the Premier League are. He has come in here with real talent and is fantastic physically. We will get him get fitter and sharper and teach him to be a complete player. Steven will help me educate him. He is a well-respected international footballer for Belgium and he will rub off on him [Onana]. If he doesn’t, I’ll rub off on him.”

Love that from Dychy.

One things for certain if he keeps playing like he has in his last few games. We'll struggle to keep him in the summer because the offer made for him may be too tempting (especially if we stay up).

Status
Not open for further replies.