2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We created more chances today in open play than we have in months. 2 golden chances messed up by doucoure and Dominic Calvert-Lewin should of been on the end of the Onana pass. There was nothing wrong with the performance today against this seasons best team
Honestly the DCL chance - he was like 5cm off, call it mistimed or whatever, but those are usually up to being a bit lucky to toepoke it in and I'd say is a great half-chance if anything.

Doucure though absolutely butchering an open header from like 5 meters out though genuinely SAD. And his miscontrol after it too. FFS x2

What I saw was pretty much what I expected, organised , hard working and committed . There wasn't much going forward apart from set pieces.
Will that be enough to save us this season ?
Possibly and if that's what it takes so be it but I'm not sure I'd like to see that type of football long term. It would have been cheaper to stick with Allardyce.
That's the spirit.

Be negative even after we've dismantled the league leaders convincingly.

Defo the fans tbh @chicoazul

What I saw was pretty much what I expected, organised , hard working and committed . There wasn't much going forward apart from set pieces.
Will that be enough to save us this season ?
Possibly and if that's what it takes so be it but I'm not sure I'd like to see that type of football long term. It would have been cheaper to stick with Allardyce.
I think it was 57 touches in the oppositions box today which is 70% more than we ever had under Lampard. 12 shots 4 of them on target. Today was about stopping Arsenal from gripping hold in the middle (we did this) and then putting enough pressure on them to force them to feel uncomfortable (we did this) Arsenal can always be wobbly on set pieces and it proved today, even after we scored they still made the same mistakes.
These first few weeks of Dyche he is really only going to be getting fitness up to the levels he wants for his system, any points we gather on top of that are a massive bonus imo. The real hard work will come after that. As for Allardyce he is anything but cheap mate, I think it's about £7m he wants to come in and do his little "Rescue mission" each time and it didn't work at West Brom last time, he has also actually retired (not sure I believe that tbh)

I think it was 57 touches in the oppositions box today which is 70% more than we ever had under Lampard. 12 shots 4 of them on target. Today was about stopping Arsenal from gripping hold in the middle (we did this) and then putting enough pressure on them to force them to feel uncomfortable (we did this) Arsenal can always be wobbly on set pieces and it proved today, even after we scored they still made the same mistakes.
These first few weeks of Dyche he is really only going to be getting fitness up to the levels he wants for his system, any points we gather on top of that are a massive bonus imo. The real hard work will come after that. As for Allardyce he is anything but cheap mate, I think it's about £7m he wants to come in and do his little "Rescue mission" each time and it didn't work at West Brom last time, he has also actually retired (not sure I believe that tbh)
Retired until given enough money probably lol

1 game

you have no idea what he has or hasnt done

its been one game ffs.
Well in one game we've seen a totally different Everton team, to the rubbish we've been subjected to over the past couple of months under Lampard.

Wins have been few and far between so far this season, so let's enjoy this one. Obviously we need to do this in every game now. One swallow sure doesn't make a summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.