2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching the press conference. He said all of the right things.

The key difference between Sean and Lampard (who also said all of the right things) is the confidence that Sean clearly has himself.

His experience in the trenches has certainly given him significant belief in the way he sets up a team culture, trains them and implements tactics. This immediately fills me with confidence that he has a plan, knows how to execute it and will work hard to implement it.

His initial reminder to our squad that they are good players and if they weren't then they would have never got to the Club is a very shrewd way of trying to get their belief back.

I am not a massive fan of the way he plays the game, but it was reassuring that the man at the wheel knows what to do, has the experience implementing it and is very confident that it will work. Lampard always felt like he was 'learning' with us and that he never had a proven formula - Dyche does.

If we can get a positive result on Saturday, then I expect the wheel to turn pretty quickly. Just crucial we get something out of one of the Arsenal/Liverpool games.

COYB (it's the hope that kills you).

By all accounts he had no interest playing on, he didn't even show up for training.

Again though, it's hard to take anything at face value coming from the board as they're proven liars but I've seen nothing to suggest he would have given his all if he didn't get the move.

The error was not bringing anyone else in his place.
This has got Everton pr written all over it club wanted the cash and threw him under the bus to keep the fans on side

Said a lot of right things during the press conference, but I don't think that praising the "hard work" of Thelwell, Kenwright and Moshiri was at all the right thing to do when he's surely aware of the rage of the fans towards them.

He'd obviously been briefed from the start to lower expectations about signings, hence when he first came out and deflected a question about new players and turned it into concentrating on the players that are already here.

He doubled down on that yesterday going on about quality within the squad, a squad that cannot score goals and is joint bottom of the league. It is unfathomable to think he didn't desperately want multiple new signings.

Still, if he's the one to instil a culture of hard work and dedication into the squad, then I'll support him all the way.

I maintain we need a miracle to survive though and will be planning for the Championship come end of March.

Re his sound bite regarding giving the lads and him space etc.

I truly believe he's literally referring to supporting the team if we go a goal down and not using it as an opportunity to get feelings towards the board out.

If the board know what's good for everyone concerned they won't come within 10 miles of Goodison.

Let the manager focus on the team, the team focus on the game and the fans focus on the team. That way, any protests against the board will be done once the game has finished.

Calvert-Lewin pre Ancelotti and injury period is probably about as much an archetypal Sean Dyche striker as you could ask for.

IF his body allows him to get to that again, him and Maupay should be a bit of a handful up top together.

But at this point I wouldn’t bank on him getting more than a handful of games between now and the end of season.

If the board know what's good for everyone concerned they won't come within 10 miles of Goodison.

Let the manager focus on the team, the team focus on the game and the fans focus on the team. That way, any protests against the board will be done once the game has finished.
I agree Mac, but, I saw an article yesterday, I believe it was by O'Keefe, saying that he has been told that Moshiri and the board will be in attendance. It would just be so much better if they never showed their faces at Goodison again.

I agree Mac, but, I saw an article yesterday, I believe it was by O'Keefe, saying that he has been told that Moshiri and the board will be in attendance. It would just be so much better if they never showed their faces at Goodison again.

That would be typical of them, there to stoke up the tensions.

They're not welcome anymore, they'll only bring a negative energy with them and they won't be getting any support AT ALL from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.