Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people are letting hope creep back in after hearing Dyche's presser, but I just don't see anything going right for Everton this year. Can't score, can't defend, can't bring in players, club run by imbeciles and con-men. I don't know how we climb out of this hole.

I hope I'm wrong and Dyche somehow gets these players competing and climbs the table. It will be a miracle if he does.

Didn't sound like Keane or Garner are even available. DCL and Godfrey sounded doubtful as he is clearly not 100% yet, Townsend surely needs some minutes before completing his return. I'm not sure why the reporters dont ask who is fit and who is not?
I am sure Dyche wants a 'Citeh away' performance on saturday. The key to getting any manager bounce would be not losing.
Would think he will line up with:

Pickford
Coleman - Tarkowski - Mina - Coady - Mykolenko
Iwobi - Onana - Gana - McNeil
DCL

Can see this he likes a strong back four and two big lads up front.
Pickford
Coleman- Tarks- Mina- Godfrey(if fit)
Iwobi- Doucs- Gana - Gray
Onana
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Pretty much what i want too..maybe coady ahead of Mina. But Onana is key for me to be pushed further forward..he showed it Southampton away. He may not be the finished article as a finisher but maybe someone can finish a second ball

Someone needs to put Odegaard on his arse early on, he won’t like that. Cracking player in the form of his life, but might go missing if say, Onana leaves one in on him.

Saka on the other hand, is just a fabulous player. He’s not going to be remotely arsed if Mykolenko kicks him. I doubt he’ll even get near enough to kick him. Praying he has a rare off day.

I know a lot of people are letting hope creep back in after hearing Dyche's presser, but I just don't see anything going right for Everton this year. Can't score, can't defend, can't bring in players, club run by imbeciles and con-men. I don't know how we climb out of this hole.

I hope I'm wrong and Dyche somehow gets these players competing and climbs the table. It will be a miracle if he does.
Cheer up. Soon be Christmas ?

I prefer Onana deeper but think he'll be paired with DCL up top for this.

Actual defensive discipline and shape would be nice and what we've been screaming for all season. Yes our attack is lacklustre but if the platform you're trying to build off is completely dysfunctional you're going to have big problems in that department.

I criticise our defenders a lot but I know Lampard's inability to organise a midfield and have them actually protect the defence and not leave gaping holes clearly didn't help our big CB's who are all a bit heavy-footed.

Got to get close to DCL when we actually get the ball to him, try and bully them on set pieces and make it as physical as possible for Arsenal. They're probably too good a team now to get that flustered if we make it scrappy but it would be a shame if Partey made it through the game unscathed ?

I think Maupay will show under Dyche that he’s a much better player than we’ve seen up to now.

I expect him to finish the season well for us.

Think Maupay could surprise a few.

What he did at Brighton in a false 9, is similar to what Barnes/Walter's would do as a second striker. Lots of running, linking the play, handling the opposing sides midfielder. He could be an important player. Strangely, I dont see someone like Gray being as important to Dyche. Hes not a particularly smart footballer, which Dyche seems to want.

Status
Not open for further replies.