Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Dyche can just get a bit of structure to the side, and they battle and work hard for each other and us.

Loved Frank as a fella and blue, but I couldn’t see a strategy, structure or plan to the team and most of them looked like they couldn’t be bothered. Dunno if that was on Frank or the players - maybe a bit of both.

Hope they don’t let him down and throw another manager under the bus.

Be happy with 1-2 or 1-3. As long as we show some spirit, show some attacking thread, and the players look like the might just be able to buy in to what Dyche wants.

Fitness levels can be the difference at this level of football. Remember Moyes sending his players to Rugby training when he arrived. For me they are physically and mentally lightweights. I hope Garner comes back in and he gives Simms a chance. Dcl is not bothered.

Fitness levels can be the difference at this level of football. Remember Moyes sending his players to Rugby training when he arrived. For me they are physically and mentally lightweights. I hope Garner comes back in and he gives Simms a chance. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is not bothered.

From what he said in the press conference it sounds like Garner is a little way off still

Early elbow into Partey’s ribs and then try to nick it on a set piece. Keane to return and play a blinder, capped with a goal from a corner 1-1

Depressing times but Dyche deserves a good welcome and I'm sure the fans will give him one. Even more depressing is no reinforcements to bolster this drab squad. That said, nothing more we can do now but see what Dyche gets out of this lot. Interesting what system he'll play. Dyche 4:42 is a thing of course but he also deployed 4-4-1-1 at times with Burnley so maybe Iwobi can play behind Dom. I really wanna see Simms get more minutes. Hearing Dyche blocked a loan move back to The Black Cats so hoping that's a sign of intent from GravelTone to play him more. I have a feeling if we survive, Ellis will play a big part in it. UTFT Regardless.

View attachment 203317
Mostly happy with that but I'd replace Iwobi with Maupay to be honest. He might do OK with the support of DCL and a change in system.

Status
Not open for further replies.