2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its true TBF. The Burnley squads he had were mostly worse than this one.

It isn't necessarily the quality in it which worries me - for instance I can easily see a scenario where McNeil and Maupay start to look like decent players. The thing which worries me is the lack of depth in attack and out wide.

Ultimately, and I say this with a very straight face, if Everton still had Anthony Gordon and Solomon Rondon, I'd back Dyche to get us out of this. An injury to one of McNeil, Gray or (in particular) DCL though as things stand and I don't see how we stay up.

It isn't necessarily the quality in it which worries me - for instance I can easily see a scenario where McNeil and Maupay start to look like decent players. The thing which worries me is the lack of depth in attack and out wide.

Ultimately, and I say this with a very straight face, if Everton still had Anthony Gordon and Solomon Rondon, I'd back Dyche to get us out of this. An injury to one of McNeil, Gray or (in particular) Dominic Calvert-Lewin though as things stand and I don't see how we stay up.
DCL is as good as injured in the next game anyway. Barely had a run in the team with these injuries hahah

Ultimately, and I say this with a very straight face, if Everton still had Anthony Gordon and Solomon Rondon, I'd back Dyche to get us out of this. An injury to one of McNeil, Gray or (in particular) Dominic Calvert-Lewin though as things stand and I don't see how we stay up.
I posted this yesterday but I think we'll be having to look at makeshift options out wide and up front. Full backs out wide, Simms up front, 4411 or 451 a lot, that kind of thing

He's got some cojones on him that's for sure..

In his High Performance podcast Dyche’s talks about the time Burnley had 10 points from 19 games and were bottom. He talks about how they looked at what they needed to change , made the changes and they finished on about 40 points. This may not be pretty, but he’s the best chance we’ve got of avoiding relegation.

I know @davek was looking for the blueprint as to how we stay up - a good watch nevertheless for any folks keen for more content on what Dyche will bring to the team

I've seen all that in the Sean Dyche 'masterclass' video. The point is that we dont have those type of forwards that can work the system. They wont press. Maupay cant do that, and Calvert-Lewin has been jogging about aimlessly for a calendar year trying to avoid injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.