January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if we did or didn't agree a fee with anyone but the players we've been targeting (sulemana, outtara, danjuma) have ended up at other clubs, mostly clubs that shouldn't be able to compete with us for players and it isn't to do with money.
Wages are the problem. We may have more “cash” available, but losing Gordon hasn’t dented our awful wages to revenue ratio. Whether that is still under some kind of agreed restriction, who knows. We are desperate and in a mess. We’d need to offer wages way over the odds to attract players, but can’t because of the issue above. Getting cyclically bummed by our own historic stupidity.

There are 4 possible explanations for this I can think of and I'm not sure which is the worst:
1. They've really tried and did all the right things but, given the many challenges the club is facing, no players want to sign for us.
2. They've accepted relegation is probable, and decided not pay over the odds to buy in more crap players who are unlikely to keep us up and will only hamstring or finances further as we seek to get promoted at the first attempt.
3. We really are in more of a financial hole than we realise and the money from Gordon was needed to keep us afloat
4. Everyone at the club is an utter imbecile who can barely manage to stay alive, let alone run a business.
I honestly believe nobody can be that stupid. I mean I have never run a business or been involved in elite level football, but put me on the board and I could do a better job than them.

I mean why - he was given zero funds.

All the "interests" and other crapola was just a smokescreen to cover that we had no budget to spend.

I'm not saying I like him, but this is on the Board not Thelwell.

Surely we could afford loans - Lampard was talking about a list. If we genuinely couldn’t afford anything then Thelwell is a liar or he’s being lied to. In both cases he needs to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.