January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche bigging up the players we’ve already got. Fact is if we started Dom and Maupay up front with McNeil and Gray out wide - not only is that genuinely dreadful, there would be absolutely no attacking replacements on the bench bar Simms.

if we have a few attacking players injured at once, i think we're in big big trouble. absolutely shameful when you see the depth some of our relegation rivals have

I think it's more a case of players not wanting to come here myself. I can think of at least 4/5 now that have turned down a move. We are just a bit unstable at the moment and don't really present a great option for a player. Add in the fact we have to be clever how we structure deals doesn't make it an easy window.
Yea, we might need to hope Dyche can galvinise the current squad, stabilise us to rebuild next summer when hopefully we look a whole lot better...
I still think we will get a face or 2 through the door, but its tough this january window at the best of times

I don’t think this is true considering players have been going to worse teams than us over the years but also aside from that I’m not actually opposed to bringing some absolute yard dogs in.

Genuinely, I’d love to have a team that other players hate playing against, give them a properly torrid time. Never got the aversion to that kind of player for us. We’ve got some “proper footballers” but I think this squad could certainly do with some nastiness about it, we’re far too easy to play against as it is.
Yes not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, it's about time we stopped buying "proven" flashy footballers, in fact, it's entirely what's got us in this mess (Walcott, Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin).
Just anybody going for shouts like Gallagher, Ziyech - no chance.

Other teams fans have nice joyous transfer windows. I've hit refresh 2 million times on this thread now and fed up with the whole thing......even a new tea lady would be something.
I hear our current tea lady buys the teabags from Waitrose even though they have the same ones in Home and Bargain for half the price, takes ages to pour the water in, stirs it for ages and then spills it on the floor.

Good news - heard the fax machine in Bill’s office is back up and running

Bad news - it sent a backed up fax so we are signing Alessandro Pistone for a third time.

Status
Not open for further replies.