January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any of them though? Or are we likely to get any? And doesn’t everybody have to work with that type of player for the first time at some point anyway? We’re not chasing the champions league anymore, you need to get your head around that. We need to try to stay up. If we do then for the next couple of years it’s going to be baby steps to try and get back up to the right end of the table. If we don’t then we need to get promoted. Either way, an ability to work with ‘top players’ is going to be way down our list of requirements in the short/medium term.
Again, the wrong attitude. Why does it have to jump from the Championship quality squad we currently have and the ones Dyche has had to work with to Champion's League??

The model should be to sign young, talented players that we can turn around for profit for a few years until such time as we can hope to keep some of them and kick on again. Signing overpaid dross means we still go down, or at best circle the drain, putting ourselves in financial difficulty by being stocked with players no one else wants.

We absolutely have to reverse this process.

Is the new stadium part of Blue Heaven Holdings (BHH) as Everton are? BHH only sources of income is from FM. If FM stops injecting money into BHH, then surely the club as subsidiary will take over paying costs becos they aren't other source of income?

"Moshiri has wealth too, hes a multi billionaire.

He's on paper a multi billionaire, but he isn't cash rich as some other billionaires. Btw there are serious questions about how many of his assets are really his (Usmanov assets). Usmanov won't be allowed in again same as Abramovich or other close Putin allies.

A subsidiary isn’t liable for the patent company’s debts.

Who’s liable for costs depends on the contract.

Dunno who owns the land. £3.00 at the land registry will tell you.

Don't most clubs get a replacement ready when they sell a first team player? Our completely dysfunctional recruitment policy is to sell all players that are good and then sit on their hands until 11pm on last day of the transfer window before panic buying a load of turd. I honestly give up.
Didn't we do that with richarlison ?

I think we’ve been an absolute shambles for years but I’ve not been disappointed with this week. It looks like we’ve acted pretty quickly getting a new manager in and we’ve managed to free up a player who was having no impact for a crazy amount of money.
Now the new manager has a week with the new team before his first game and we have money to spend before the end of the window.
How well that money is spent remains to be seen…
At this rate there won't be time to spend the money, not that I expect it to be spent well. Can't say I share your enthusiasm for the weeks ahead...but fair play for thinking positive!

At this rate there won't be time to spend the money, not that I expect it to be spent well. Can't say I share your enthusiasm for the weeks ahead...but fair play for thinking positive!
There’s time, and there will be lots of transfers all over Europe Monday and Tuesday and I’m sure we will reinforce.

Whether they are actually good signings remains to be seen and I share you scepticism there!

Status
Not open for further replies.