2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I just want to say thanks to Eddie Howe for bringing me in, I am now at a big club, a top club, and I will not rest until we get these great fans the trophy they deserve”

I feel like his departure shows that behind the scenes, things are really worse than we think. A blue should be able to stick it out for a bit longer - he seemed mature and level headed in early interviews - and I would have thought from a successful Everton you can jump up to an established European power - or one of our top 6. Newcastle are now what we used to be for a while - the best of the rest - and soon to break up the top 6. So Antony Gordon was worried - even at the age of 21 - that he would be wasting time and wouldn't be able to fulfil his ambitions. He looks to have a better chance than Barkley of making it, and wish him all the best. I think he realised that sentiment and emotion won't get him far in his career so he had to give up Everton. Hopefully BK feels the same soon enough.
11th 12th 13th 13th 10th. And doing well this season they aren’t the best of the rest, so go to Newcastle to realise your ambitions lads jumped ship from his boyhood club he mentioned in his interview playing for the fans and shirt everyday shame he didn’t do that here or all this hatred wouldn’t be aimed at him if he did. Wish him all the best got to be joking ? lads a Idiot

Our two biggest attacking threats sold by the club. Not arguing with either sale, but it’s suicide if they don’t have good replacements coming in.
Only one of them was worthy of the moniker attacking threat.
The fact that Gordon could even be considered one of ‘our biggest attacking threats’ is enough reason to replace him.
He wasn’t a threat in the slightest.
Good deal all round - unless we did turn down £60min the summer (doubtful).

The way he's been dressing lately and dying his hair blonde. I think he's right when he says newcastle is type of city for him. Suprised Calvert Lewin and Tom Davies aren't heading up there too.

Hard to think of a player I have disliked more.

Total lack of respect and he is not even good enough to be considered average. He was so poor he wasn't always starting for us.

Rooney was heartbreaking but he went to Ferguson's United. Barkley cost us money but at least he showed glimpses of quality.

I think I should be grateful for the money but I can't see us spending it wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.