Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did it by playing god awful football. Wake up. No other club has offered him work since he got found out and Burnley went down under him. Kompany has Burnley playing good passing football now. Dyche would still be hoofing it with them. If that is the level of manager you want then then so be it. Everton have blown another golden opportunity.
Hes been waiting for the right job! This is the right job, great fit.

hmmm. he’s been waiting for “A” job

we shall see if it’s the right fit.

if he woudnt of relegated burnley

and we had better players i would say ye ok

but it’s a nope dyche is a dope
Well he didnt relegate Burnley, basically the board did. Hes used to working with crap players and getting them overperforming so perfect for us. All will be good in a month or so. Just need to get the next 2 games done and try to get a few points to appease the Boo boys.... COYB!

I think all the talk is irrelevant now... I was worried about Dyche, BOTH relegations and other aspects BUT he is our manager now!

GOT TO BACK HIM, stop looking for the negatives, I know this club does that to you. Two tough games coming up so dont expect instant results, that is on the board, but over the course of the rest of the season he will get us enough points.

I`m looking forward to playing two up top and having a goal threat, don`t judge what he may or may not do by his past and by what his predecessor done....

UTFT

I think all the talk is irrelevant now... I was worried about Dyche, BOTH relegations and other aspects BUT he is our manager now!

GOT TO BACK HIM, stop looking for the negatives, I know this club does that to you. Two tough games coming up so dont expect instant results, that is on the board, but over the course of the rest of the season he will get us enough points.

I`m looking forward to playing two up top and having a goal threat, don`t judge what he may or may not do by his past and by what his predecessor done....

UTFT
Of course we will back him. That is what we do. This does not mean those, like me, who express a negative view are wrong to do so. At best we will become the new Wolves when Mick McArthy was manager. Tough to beat, tough talking, tough to watch.

Of course we will back him. That is what we do. This does not mean those, like me, who express a negative view are wrong to do so. At best we will become the new Wolves when Mick McArthy was manager. Tough to beat, tough talking, tough to watch.
There is absolutely no way Dyche football will be worse than Frank Lampards, not even a chance but was you one calling for more time for Frank up until the West Ham game? Those that were, not saying that was you, cant complain about anyone elses football with what Lampard was serving up.....

….I never get this ‘back the Manager’ talk. Fans will judge him on his record & if he fails to deliver, they’ll make it known.

Dyche’s problem could be the real sense of friction to BK and the Board. That will simmer under the surface if results and performance improve but Goodison is fragile & could quickly turn toxic again.

Back the Manager is a bit of a nothing phrase as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:

The bit about relegating Burnley is just pure drivel.

Are Burnley who had one of the smallest budgets, in a deprived area of the country expectant of having PL football every season?

It’s actually a miracle the fact that he got them to as high as he did. Add in the fact he’s had 2 promotions from the championship, he actually looks a very good fit right now for where we are and he has early a crack at a club with a higher budget than Burnley.

All this nonsense about his style of football can GTF as well. He’s he obviously cuts his cloth accordingly, which is very pragmatic and shows intelligence and is exactly what Ancelotti did when he was here and realised he was dealing with a lot of garbage. If Lampard had the same level of managerial intelligence we might not be in the mess we are in.

Well, regardless of our opinions, he’s (allegedly) our manager now, so we do what we always do and support him.

No matter his track record, he needs our support probably more than any manager before him. UTFT!

You were backing Lampard.
So I am looking at this as a good sign that Dyche is a good manager.
By the way Burnley signed something like 17 new players to get to be playing good football.
They sold most of his decent ones from under him.
If we are one piont above the relegation positions t the end of the season he has done a great job.

Really can’t believe the negativity I read surrounding this possible appointment. He’s exactly what you need.

Dyche played a style of football based on the resources he had on and off the field. And at times, particularly in the championship it was far better on the eye than he gets credit for. If he had the tools he would evolve his style of play.

He was instrumental in us getting two promotions with good football with the likes of Ings and Trippier. And when he had the money signed good footballers in cornet, defour, barton.

The likes of Keane, Tarkowski and even McNeil were a million miles away from what you’ve seen at Everton.

He would be the perfect short and long term man for the job.

Just not convinced the Everton fan base realise the gravity of the situation they’re in.

He’s managed two seasons in the championship. The first season we were promoted behind a Leicester side that had the likes of vardy two years before they won the premier league. The second we dominated the league and went 23 games undefeated from Christmas to the end of the season.

He broke countless records. Including ending a 35 year wait for a win in the local derby. And we never lost against them since.

He kept us up against the odds. Had three top ten finishes.

You will be lucky to get such a brilliant manager in. I’m actually surprised it’s taken a club in this situation before he’s been seriously linked.

You had a fashionable manager in Lampard. (And plenty of other names in Ancelotti, Koeman, Silva) and where did that get Everton?

Dyche is a fantastic choice.
You know what? I agree with all of that. Some Evertonians, myself included at times, can't see the wood for the trees.

It's ironic that when I became an Everton fan the other two of the top three were Spurs, who I defected from, and Burnley. Off the top of my head I remember Andy Lochhead, Ray Pointer, John Connolly and captain Jimmy Adamson.

Status
Not open for further replies.