Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or do the most vocal abusive fans also often seem to be the least athletic? It's almost as if they are projecting their own insecurities on some successful 20-somethings because they're upset with how their own lives have gone.

In all honesty though, it's incredibly embarrassing to observe grown adults giving professional athletes a hard time. I don't get it personally, but you do you I guess.
Hahahah lookin at fans physiques weirdo , embarising is a team who cost less than iwobi coming to goodison and turning us over 4-1 happy clapper

So the cause of our 30 year decline isn’t poor administration , poor managers , poor players , underfunding , lack of a structure befitting a modern football club, multiple changes of direction, spending too much on poor players ?
No , according to you it’s because some lad in the Park End occasionally calls Keane ‘a useless carthorse’ or some such!
haha words fail me , you utter beaut !
The Park End has cost us a lot of points over the years, did you go to the Bayern Munich game? We don't win that game with the crowd we have at Goodison these days.
Was it Andy Gray who said the fans in the street end sucked the ball into the goal? The current fanbase would be blowing it back out.

I couldn’t care less about players gettin told there crap but I do think you hear it more now because of the type of player we signed under moshiri , under Moyes although the players wernt the best they always seemed to giv 100 per cent compare that to the likes of schniderlin delph etc
I think this is a factor, we worship Big Dunc, who statistically was a fairly average to poor striker but we witnessed live that he bleed and believed in all things Everton.

I have read it a few times because i couldn’t believe wot was written fans tell crap players there crap because the fans of jealous of the players and have never played football hahahaha it’s cos there crap end of story
Ok mate! Stay in the dark ages
Keep telling young lads they’re crap then watch them get worse.
Top fan you

Is it just me or do the most vocal abusive fans also often seem to be the least athletic? It's almost as if they are projecting their own insecurities on some successful 20-somethings because they're upset with how their own lives have gone.

In all honesty though, it's incredibly embarrassing to observe grown adults giving professional athletes a hard time. I don't get it personally, but you do you I guess.

All the whizz and garys they're on

Anyone online criticising the match day support are very welcome to pay a fortune to follow the team around the country and get some chants going themselves.

Don’t really see people taking issue with not chanting, it’s the vociferous insults that get hurled.

Last time I was at Goodison just before Christmas I was cringing at the way some people were carrying on. Some people literally screaming abuse at a player for misplacing a pass.

Would be seen as totally unacceptable and brain dead to talk to people in a workplace the way fans do sometimes, as if footballers have some special ability to not hear it ?

Don’t really see people taking issue with not chanting, it’s the vociferous insults that get hurled.

Last time I was at Goodison just before Christmas I was cringing at the way some people were carrying on. Some people literally screaming abuse at a player for misplacing a pass.

Would be seen as totally unacceptable and brain dead to talk to people in a workplace the way fans do sometimes, as if footballers have some special ability to not hear it ?
Exactly - how would these 'fans' deal with the same sort of abuse directed at them in the workplace...it's incredible

These footballers are professionals at the top of their game

I've been everywhere watching Everton, and haven't missed a home game apart from lockdown, one Derby and times I've been in hospital for many years.
Ok I haven't been to an away since Hillsborough in the cup about 3 years ago but I'm kind of glad about that.

But regardless a lot of fans from other clubs say this about Everton, you never hear them saying it about anyone else. They might say thing like Anfield has no atmosphere or the London Stadium is too far from the pitch, buy they rarely say other clubs have supporters in the players backs like we do

Sorry to hear about your time in hospital and I hope you have made a good recovery and all that’s behind you now.

I work away unfortunately, but it rather than sit in my digs I go and watch other teams when I can and I sit in with the home fans with some of the lads I work with, mostly Championship teams to be fair but on the odd occasion some Premier League ones. I can guarantee though that all the clubs I’ve been to have the same fan behaviour.

Are they called out? Bilic is calling them out and many in here are saying he’s wrong

I mean, where are they called out?
Doesn't this mean that he's wrong then? Perhaps we just need to accept when placed on a pedestal , you have to be tough enough to pick yourself up and get on with it when it goes awry and stop being so affected by critics etc

A story comes to mind of a Scottish Schools agreement from a good few years back, if a team at half time is losing then score should be set back to 0-0 to avoid "upsetting" the losing side, are we effectively saying that they can't cope so therefore not actually teaching people to cope?

May not gain any favour to myself with this thought process and opinion, but I do think people need more resilience and if that makes me a dinosaur then so be it.

Again, I refer to my response, I do not condone or believe any physical threat/violence will ever be acceptable.

As far as calling it out, I have seen it done properly without any escalation, I'm sure we all have, most people in general have a decent moral compass, there are of course exception.

Surely we need to equip our kids(people)with mechanisms and skills to brush off verbal challenges with more resilience, rather than just smothering them so they dont cope?

Status
Not open for further replies.