Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't this mean that he's wrong then? Perhaps we just need to accept when placed on a pedestal , you have to be tough enough to pick yourself up and get on with it when it goes awry and stop being so affected by critics etc

A story comes to mind of a Scottish Schools agreement from a good few years back, if a team at half time is losing then score should be set back to 0-0 to avoid "upsetting" the losing side, are we effectively saying that they can't cope so therefore not actually teaching people to cope?

May not gain any favour to myself with this thought process and opinion, but I do think people need more resilience and if that makes me a dinosaur then so be it.

Again, I refer to my response, I do not condone or believe any physical threat/violence will ever be acceptable.

As far as calling it out, I have seen it done properly without any escalation, I'm sure we all have, most people in general have a decent moral compass, there are of course exception.

Surely we need to equip our kids(people)with mechanisms and skills to brush off verbal challenges with more resilience, rather than just smothering them so they dont cope?
Well, the point will remain. Rather than addressing the anger and bile, let’s put upon the kids to “suck it up”
It’s a very different world now, tbe pressures are very different to ours.

Ultimately, we disagree, that’s cool. I’m with slaven regarding players reacting to being called crap, they won’t play better

The Park End has cost us a lot of points over the years, did you go to the Bayern Munich game? We don't win that game with the crowd we have at Goodison these days.
Was it Andy Gray who said the fans in the street end sucked the ball into the goal? The current fanbase would be blowing it back out.
Stood in Gwladys for years during those halcyon days and it wasn't all hearts and flowers, player plays garbage, they got told, period.

Part of the game as far as I'm concerned.

Would never resort to violence, abhorrent but verbals on terraces, school yards, workplaces etc etc happens or we become robotic shadows of human beings with no ability to show emotion.

Don’t really see people taking issue with not chanting, it’s the vociferous insults that get hurled.

Last time I was at Goodison just before Christmas I was cringing at the way some people were carrying on. Some people literally screaming abuse at a player for misplacing a pass.

Would be seen as totally unacceptable and brain dead to talk to people in a workplace the way fans do sometimes, as if footballers have some special ability to not hear it ?
Bingo

They’d be different if it was their son in the pitch

Stood in Gwladys for years during those halcyon days and it wasn't all hearts and flowers, player plays garbage, they got told, period.

Would never resort to violence, abhorrent but verbals on terraces, school yards, workplaces etc etc happens or we become robotic shadows of human beings with no ability to show emotion.
This is dated behaviour. People have, by enlarge, realised that bullying, name calling abuse etc is not healthy
Nothing to do with emotion

Well, the point will remain. Rather than addressing the anger and bile, let’s put upon the kids to “suck it up”
It’s a very different world now, tbe pressures are very different to ours.

Ultimately, we disagree, that’s cool. I’m with slaven regarding players reacting to being called crap, they won’t play better
No issues from me mate, it is what it is, I don't bear grudge or umbrage to anyone who differs in opinion, in fact it's what makes life interesting.

You must work for some dodgy employers. :oops:

“CALL THAT A POWERPOINT YOU ‘KIN RAT?!?!”

This is dated behaviour. People have, by enlarge, realised that bullying, name calling abuse etc is not healthy
Nothing to do with emotion
I have recieved it and I've seen my kids recieve it and I've seen many others, especially in junior footie leagues from peers and parents alike I've been involved in.

Whether we have "moved on" as much as people believe is questionable, human emotion is difficult to switch on and off, often venting is good for the mind, definitely more so than keepinit it bottled.

If someone wrongs me or mine I will let them know, mostly in a polite manner but I'm not averse to being forthright when need arises, in footie terms, I spend my 50-60 quid at a match and expect effort, if it's not reflected I will let them know, its hard earned and I expect value.

This isn't the only sport that's affected...

“These NBA players making $40M-$50M a year with nutritionists, can’t play more than 4 games a week. They act like they’re steel mill workers."

Charles Barkley

this sport could use its own Chuck to call out the nonsense.

Hahahah lookin at fans physiques weirdo , embarising is a team who cost less than iwobi coming to goodison and turning us over 4-1 happy clapper
Yeah, kinda hard NOT to notice, ya know?

And naw, grown ass adults yelling at athletes will always be embarrassing as hell to witness. I simply don't understand why anyone should feel like these players should give a damn about what they think ?

This kind of stuff doesn't affect the type of player you want in your side; if anything, it will enhance their game because they want to shove it back in your face.

Unfortunately that's less of a thing with the Zoomer generation, a "good challenge" for them is opening a good FIFA Gold pack.

"It's in the game..."
Brexit voter?

Status
Not open for further replies.