2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent the last 2 days looking into Sean Dyche in detail. My perception of him before he was linked with Everton job was like everyone else, English manager, knows hows to play one way, defensive, tactically limited, tough guy, old school etc.

My perception now has completely changed.
His has very strong and clear values which will align perfectly with those of our fanbase. Tactically he knows his stuff and how to put it into practice. His man management and team building philosophies are very impressive. He is a leader and is very comfortable in his own skin.

He will weed out the negative players and build a team who will all have each others backs. He wont be afraid to manage up as well as down, meaning he will challenge the board and Moshiri. He will recruit proper characters, develop them and get the best out of them.

He is exactly what we need and have needed for a long time. He is not a miracle worker and needs time to implement the changes, but by appointing him, we have given ourselves a chance to avoid the drop.
Spot on

I understand peoples skepticism, its not the 'hollywood manager' some people might like

But we need to realise where we are at as a 'cloob' and get realistic. We need to play to our level and build from there.

The last manager we had who saw what we needed was Carlo, and while his go at the helm wasnt perfect. It was definetly better than the managers who valued attacking football above all else like brown shoes, silva, and frank. Frank supposedly valued attacking and i dont recall seeing any evidence of it working.

Burnley fan here. You guys are deep in the [Poor language removed]. Been lurking on this board following the back end of last season due to the relegation dog fight. The way I see it, your leadership are properly inept. Lampard is categorically a bad manager and should have gone prior to the World Cup. He should have not been appointed in the first place. The stadium development is a massive drain and it is appalling timing for you to have cycled through a number of failed managers whilst spraffing money on a mismatch of players. Some of your fanbase are rancid, entitled and toxic. How will you persuade players to come to your club when you are threatening them near the ground? This is a thoroughly bad situation. You are lucky to get Dyche. All the piss taking and snide comments are unwarranted.

He is a proper leader, he gets players to buy into a strong set of core values. Your area and community are not exactly wealthy much the same as East Lancashire. He will demand hard work, he will demand passion, he will demand pride. I never doubted the lads took to the pitch and played for us. I think that meets with Scouse sensibilities pretty well. I know that your ground can be knife-edge in terms of atmosphere. You boo your own way too frequently. I doubt you will boo much under Dyche when he gets them fighting and they will fight for you. Not in the Lampard [Poor language removed] way but in a way that is sustainable because it is embedded in a philosophy. There's plenty of podcasts available with him speaking, he's not a dinosaur.

Dyche was remarkable for us. That first promotion was totally unexpected. We sold a top scorer and acquired a load of tree transfers which when married with some of the left over Howe signings led to a really enjoyable season. We weren't ready and deservedly went down. The second promotion season saw great football. The European qualifying season saw great football. He built us a modern training ground and he brought consistent EPL football with a bunch of cast offs. Our previous facilities weren't usable in winter. You talk about long term and club building and think he can't do it. He's already done it once with money gained by his own success on the pitch.

He talks about mixed football and being a threat. This is not POMO bollocks. He wants crossing, he wants skill, equally he does not mind fight balls. He will work with what he has and get the best from it. Watch the way your back line gets organised and becomes obdurate. Watch the bodies on the line blocks. The defending at times was a thing of beauty. There is more than one way to win at football. Sterile possession is just as dull as neck high [Poor language removed]. Look out for Mercer. He's a goalkeeping coach and is absolutely too notch. He went to Rotherham so not sure if he will turn up but he is outstanding.

Addressing the Kompany situation. Our level is floating between League One and Championship. We've had a good few managers that have allowed us to beat our limitations. Kompany openly admits some of the qualities he has sought to use from Dyche's time. Yes, he has overhauled the style but he has been able to do that using money from the players that Dyche bought. For us to stick in the EPL, every signing needs to go right because we lack financial resources. It is much easier to restart in the Championship using legacy money that is there because of Dyche. I was shocked when he was sacked. I was happy to go down with Dyche and go again. We had a difficult season and you will note there is no unrest from the fans. He'd earnt respect.

To be honest you look hopeless at the minute. If he staved off relegation then it equals some of the feats he managed with us. Get behind him and you will be surprised.

Sean Dyche glossary:

Yardages - distance he expects individual players to move toward and away from opponents

Lock on - players getting close to opponents to stop them playing

South Side - getting behind the ball to defend

North Side - getting beyond a defender to make them worry about you

Horseshoe - shape of the defensive line with the ball

Quarterback - deep lying opposition player who can hit long accurate balls to open your team up

Hard Yards - doing work off the ball

The Diag - playing a diagonal ball

Clever play - what opponents do in your final third to create chances

Tag team - your own players doubling up onto two opposition players

Sink - your defenders getting goal side of the opposition

Shuffle and Slide - whole team moving together as one from one side of pitch to the other

Key scoring zone - inner area of the 18 yard box

Stay in it to win it - keeping the scoreline tight against good opposition in order to snatch a point or maybe all three

Burnley fan here. You guys are deep in the [Poor language removed]. Been lurking on this board following the back end of last season due to the relegation dog fight. The way I see it, your leadership are properly inept. Lampard is categorically a bad manager and should have gone prior to the World Cup. He should have not been appointed in the first place. The stadium development is a massive drain and it is appalling timing for you to have cycled through a number of failed managers whilst spraffing money on a mismatch of players. Some of your fanbase are rancid, entitled and toxic. How will you persuade players to come to your club when you are threatening them near the ground? This is a thoroughly bad situation. You are lucky to get Dyche. All the piss taking and snide comments are unwarranted.

He is a proper leader, he gets players to buy into a strong set of core values. Your area and community are not exactly wealthy much the same as East Lancashire. He will demand hard work, he will demand passion, he will demand pride. I never doubted the lads took to the pitch and played for us. I think that meets with Scouse sensibilities pretty well. I know that your ground can be knife-edge in terms of atmosphere. You boo your own way too frequently. I doubt you will boo much under Dyche when he gets them fighting and they will fight for you. Not in the Lampard [Poor language removed] way but in a way that is sustainable because it is embedded in a philosophy. There's plenty of podcasts available with him speaking, he's not a dinosaur.

Dyche was remarkable for us. That first promotion was totally unexpected. We sold a top scorer and acquired a load of tree transfers which when married with some of the left over Howe signings led to a really enjoyable season. We weren't ready and deservedly went down. The second promotion season saw great football. The European qualifying season saw great football. He built us a modern training ground and he brought consistent EPL football with a bunch of cast offs. Our previous facilities weren't usable in winter. You talk about long term and club building and think he can't do it. He's already done it once with money gained by his own success on the pitch.

He talks about mixed football and being a threat. This is not POMO bollocks. He wants crossing, he wants skill, equally he does not mind fight balls. He will work with what he has and get the best from it. Watch the way your back line gets organised and becomes obdurate. Watch the bodies on the line blocks. The defending at times was a thing of beauty. There is more than one way to win at football. Sterile possession is just as dull as neck high [Poor language removed]. Look out for Mercer. He's a goalkeeping coach and is absolutely too notch. He went to Rotherham so not sure if he will turn up but he is outstanding.

Addressing the Kompany situation. Our level is floating between League One and Championship. We've had a good few managers that have allowed us to beat our limitations. Kompany openly admits some of the qualities he has sought to use from Dyche's time. Yes, he has overhauled the style but he has been able to do that using money from the players that Dyche bought. For us to stick in the EPL, every signing needs to go right because we lack financial resources. It is much easier to restart in the Championship using legacy money that is there because of Dyche. I was shocked when he was sacked. I was happy to go down with Dyche and go again. We had a difficult season and you will note there is no unrest from the fans. He'd earnt respect.

To be honest you look hopeless at the minute. If he staved off relegation then it equals some of the feats he managed with us. Get behind him and you will be surprised.
Too long

Sean Dyche glossary:

Yardages - distance he expects individual players to move toward and away from opponents

Lock on - players getting close to opponents to stop them playing

South Side - getting behind the ball to defend

North Side - getting beyond a defender to make them worry about you

Horseshoe - shape of the defensive line with the ball

Quarterback - deep lying opposition player who can hit long accurate balls to open your team up

Hard Yards - doing work off the ball

The Diag - playing a diagonal ball

Clever play - what opponnets do in your final third to create chances

Tag team - your own players doubling up onto two opposition players

Sink - your defenders getting goal side of the opposition

Shuffle and Slide - whole team moving together as one from one side of pitch to the other

Key scoring zone - inner area of the 18 yard box

Stay in it to win it - keeping the scoreline tight against good opposition in order to snatch a point or maybe all three
Isn’t that referred to as “the basics”

Even Carlo Ancelotti only got about a 90% approval when appointed Everton manager so it isn't surprising that many are not enthused by Sean Dyche.

If Pep left City to join us there would be some who would find a reason to complain.

Sean Dyche has only been appointed because of the horrific position EFC finds itself in.
I don't think he was seriously considered when we made recent appointments but maybe was a better fit than most of those appointed.

I did listen a few days ago to the piece where he was explaining the tactics he favours and it highlighted for me how little the average fans understands the knowledge and detail of all Premiership managers.

I didn't want Dyche when previous appointments were, but I did this time as I have felt for some time he may be the manager to finally stabilise the club and at the moment that is what is needed.
We need to become a comfortable mid table club again before we aspire to anything better.

How far Dyche can bring us I don't know but think he will do well and will have people again admitting here that they were wrong.

That is my hope.

didnt-read-it-george-bush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.