2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nothing like when we brought in Allardyce. That was never a relegation battle, this very much is. You've also kind of proved your own point wrong, the fact that we're only 3 points off 14th means that draws very much could keep us up. It would be if we were adrift that you'd think we need to throw caution to the wind and go a bit mad because only wins will do, in this situation making ourselves difficult to beat and sneaking some tight games could easily be enough.

I know what you’re saying about the league table in 17/18, but watching us under Koeman we looked the worst team in the league and highly likely to go down when Allardyce came in. I think I was more convinced of relegation then than I was now.

We had a back 4 of Martina a veteran Jagielka, Keane with a gashed foot and Kenny

No pace or creativity in midfield

A forward line with no pace or threat whatsoever

Perhaps the one saving grace was we knew we could spend big in January, but i actually think we have a bit more lace and power in all positions now than we did then.

One thing to watch out for with trepidation is Dyche loves to sign over the hill English players. Think Peter Crouch, Aaron Lennon, Dale Stephens. With funds being tight, instead of looking for upcoming youngters like what his successor at Burnley has done, I expect a bunch of Crouch type signings to join the club. :red:
Comparing the job Dyche had to do at Burnley to the one Kompany has to do is just daft. Nobody has to be overjoyed by this appointment - and I don't think anybody is - but a lot of the criticisms people are throwing out are baseless.

I know what you’re saying about the league table in 17/18, but watching us under Koeman we looked the worst team in the league and highly likely to go down when Allardyce came in. I think I was more convinced of relegation then than I was now.

We had a back 4 of Martina a veteran Jagielka, Keane with a gashed foot and Kenny

No pace or creativity in midfield

A forward line with no pace or threat whatsoever

Perhaps the one saving grace was we knew we could spend big in January, but i actually think we have a bit more lace and power in all positions now than we did then.

Really? Please show your working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.