4-4-2 Under Dyche - is this the Answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt very much that Dyche will get less than the fifteen points Lampard got from the first nineteen games, I think he will get closer to twenty or more points which isn’t be enough to keep us up, the football we watch under Dyche can’t be any worse than we suffered under Lampard, just can’t be!!
That should have read “ which might be enough to keep us up” sorry for the mistake.

I've got no idea where Iwobi fits into a 4-4-2, and whilst he certainly not a player you'd ever envisage building a team around, he's been by a country mile our most creative player this season.

It probably does suit the bulk of our squad though, particularly DcL and Maupay and whilst I'm seriously praying that we bolster our attacking options over the next few days, if we don't then it's probably the way I would go.

4-4-1-1 Could work for us although I'd be looking for some hard working wide men to increase our squad depth. The problem is of course where Iwobi would fit in this role, unless we play him as the second striker. With the squad as it is, our best team is:
Pickford,
Patterson, Coady, Tarkowski, Myko
McNeil, Onana, Gueye, Gray
Iwobi
DCL
However if we can source a new RW, LW and Second striker (and possibly LB) we could have a decent shot at finishing the season strong. Personally I could see Dyche playing:
Pickford
Patterson, Tarkowski, Keane, Godfrey
Sulemana, Onana, Garner, Gray
Arnautovic, DCL
(With McNeil, Gueye, Coady, Simms, Price, Myko, Coleman, Moura - a very weak bench)

There is a video of Dyche talking about his 442 or 4411 tactic. He more or less admits that you have to go long with this in the premier league because 9 times out of 10 your midfield 2 are outnumbered in the middle of the park, so the basic play would be Pickford rolling the ball out to Tarkowski, he launches it forward to DCL and then Maupay and the wide players will be coming inside to pick up the 2nd ball and make chances. Welcome to Dyche Ball!

I've got no idea where Iwobi fits into a 4-4-2, and whilst he certainly not a player you'd ever envisage building a team around, he's been by a country mile our most creative player this season.

It probably does suit the bulk of our squad though, particularly Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Maupay and whilst I'm seriously praying that we bolster our attacking options over the next few days, if we don't then it's probably the way I would go.
I’d happily see Iwobi alongside Onana in a midfield two at times. Gana has by no means earned a starting spot lately.

Pickford

Pat/Seamus
- Coady/Keane/Mina - Tarkowski - Mykolenko

McNeil
- Iwobi/Gueye - Onana/Garner - Gray

Dom ----- Maupay

?

I’m absolutely fine with a direct 4-4-2 where we largely bypass the midfield and let them scrap for knockdowns, because they’ve proven beyond a doubt that they can’t pass to save their lives. We’re the worst passing side in this division. Get Tarky to hit it to the big man or to the wingers and put their defence under pressure, give them something to worry about. We’ve barely done that for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.