2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some am not saying all players want to work under certain managers yeah the money helps but we literally only got Onana because of Frank. Or he would have just went to west ham who probably offered the same money. normally players will want to go to bigger clubs but they generally have the better managers anyway. No chance James would have rocked up here if we didn’t have Carlo as manager. Yeah I get football players now days are motivated by money. That said if two clubs similar offer the same wage then it’s down to the manager to convince them to come.
------------------------
“My sister and I plan my career and all the clubs I've been through are known for developing young players and bringing them to next step," he told the Sunday Times.
“The connection between Everton and Belgian players has always been great. I spoke to Big Rom and he was like, 'you'll enjoy it there, the atmosphere, fans'. I spoke to Roberto [Martínez], who had a great time here.

“And last but not least I spoke to the manager [Lampard], who played one of the biggest parts in my decision. He was calling me every day.

“Whatever I needed, he was there for me and he's still doing that, which I appreciate, because I've had several managers but not always great human beings, and he's a great human being."
------------------------

Quite clearly we didn't *only* get Onana 'because of Frank'. And there's nothing to say that Dyche couldn't ring up a player and outcharm David Moyes.

And it wasn't a necessarily a case of Ancelotti being the only man who could persuade Rodriguez to come. Maybe Ancelotti was the only manager who could get his board to pony up the massive wages of a player who was considered too huge a gamble for many clubs despite his indisputable talents.

There's no point in moaning about this. It is what it is. I've never been less arsed about a managerial appointment for us ever, but he's here now and we might as well just get behind him. Its highly unlikely that he'll keep us up but he's got a free swing at getting this right so who knows. Fingers crossed he defies all expectations and makes himself a legend here.

Dyche was who we should have got in 2018 instead of Silva when Dyche was 5 years younger and his direction of travel was upwards. He would still be here now, we would be in 7th place in the table and GOT would full of debate on whether we should sack him for underachieving.
Other than the Ancelloti, Dyche will be second best appointment this board and owner have made.

Because I knew Lampard is a terrible manager before he came to us.

The 'give him time' narrative might well get us relegated this year.
and what do you make of this; this is what you consider an Everton manager

1674822100031.png

Status
Not open for further replies.