2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on mate.

I know you know what I think about Patterson. He's got to grow up in the coming months for me. Makes way too many unthinking moves and cant get back into position. If he brought in a solid RB I'd be delighted.

But the ingredients are there to work with. I bet Dyche cant believe the relative riches he has to work with. As all pundits correctly state: we're not great, but we should be nowhere near the bottom of the table. Dyche can prove that. I'd like a target man in ASAP now.

I’d take Holgate or Coady at right back if Patterson isn’t fit or is making too many errors. We just need to keep the door shut and Coleman makes too many errors.

Flying fullbacks only work at the very best teams in Europe, they’re a liability everywhere else and can’t be indulged in a relegation scrap.

Our survival will be based on defending set pieces, scoring set pieces, and limiting our mistakes in open play. Ancelotti knew that and no one was complaining about the solid defence and counter attacks that took us to second in the league under him.

The fans needs to realise that as a bottom half PL side we cannot, should not, and won’t be, playing football that resembles anything like Barcelona Arsenal or Man City. Lampard was stupid for trying to do it last season and fell into the trap this season as well. Let Leeds get relegated trying to play that way whilst we grind our way to safety.

A few seasons of building solid foundations and getting players of top half quality then we can talk about style once again but some on here really do need to stop going on about the style of football it’s absolutely killing us every time we try to make poor players play a style they’re not able to.

Can argue about selection criteria and process all day, but that isn't Dyche's fault.

Like every other manager, he'll have my support until and unless a point is reached where that is not merited any longer.

It's not really the sort of manager I envisage in the job either, but that doesn't mean anything in the here and now.

I was nervous of Bielsa being appointed tbh, and the potential chaos that would cause.

This is just complete pie in the sky stuff though isn't it. Why on earth would they have quit? I keep saying it but I just cannot for the life of me understand why people had convinced themselves that an unemployed 68 year old with no notable successes on his CV was going to be the man who bent the board to his will and made them all change and tow the line. They were happy to mess about with Carlo Ancelotti who's won more trophies than Bielsa's won games, but if there was a power struggle now Bielsa would win it and the billionaire owner would be cowed. It was never, ever, ever happening. The culture of the club comes from the owner and board, Bielsa has shown no appetite to change cultures like that at any club he's been to, he just walks away from it or pushes them too far and gets booted.

Very good points mate.

I think it's too late for dyche. Lampard should have gone after Bournemouth and then dyche would have had a chance. Now he has a much smaller chance of success and lampard has already lost games that dyche would have fancied against wolves Southampton, West ham and Brighton.

Unfortunately the board let this one go too long and have put far too much pressure on dyche to now do it in less than half a season with mostly difficult fixtures and hardly any transfer window to rectify it. It was clear and obvious Lampard wasn't up to it against Bournemouth twice and that had to be the time. It angers me

Dyche was who we should have got in 2018 instead of Silva when Dyche was 5 years younger and his direction of travel was upwards. He would still be here now, we would be in 7th place in the table and GOT would full of debate on whether we should sack him for underachieving.

This is just complete pie in the sky stuff though isn't it. Why on earth would they have quit? I keep saying it but I just cannot for the life of me understand why people had convinced themselves that an unemployed 68 year old with no notable successes on his CV was going to be the man who bent the board to his will and made them all change and tow the line. They were happy to mess about with Carlo Ancelotti who's won more trophies than Bielsa's won games, but if there was a power struggle now Bielsa would win it and the billionaire owner would be cowed. It was never, ever, ever happening. The culture of the club comes from the owner and board, Bielsa has shown no appetite to change cultures like that at any club he's been to, he just walks away from it or pushes them too far and gets booted.

A list of clubs as long as his arm and several very abrupt departures. Leeds was the anomaly and is the longest spell he's ever had at any club as first team manager.

Goes through clubs like Everton go through managers.

I’d take Holgate or Coady at right back if Patterson isn’t fit or is making too many errors. We just need to keep the door shut and Coleman makes too many errors.

Flying fullbacks only work at the very best teams in Europe, they’re a liability everywhere else and can’t be indulged in a relegation scrap.

Our survival will be based on defending set pieces, scoring set pieces, and limiting our mistakes in open play. Ancelotti knew that and no one was complaining about the solid defence and counter attacks that took us to second in the league under him.

The fans needs to realise that as a bottom half PL side we cannot, should not, and won’t be, playing football that resembles anything like Barcelona Arsenal or Man City. Lampard was stupid for trying to do it last season and fell into the trap this season as well. Let Leeds get relegated trying to play that way whilst we grind our way to safety.

A few seasons of building solid foundations and getting players of top half quality then we can talk about style once again but some on here really do need to stop going on about the style of football it’s absolutely killing us every time we try to make poor players play a style they’re not able to.
And he also had Digne, James, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Dom before he broke

Now we have a fullback that can't venture past the half way line, a winger that doesn't take people, another winger that doesn't have a brain, a creative player who just runs around and a striker who is clearly broke (either physically or mentally).

The defence will be an easy resolve, going the other way is the issue. You win games through scoring and creating chances, which I presume a lot of people wanted Bielsa for - play the odds, the more you create the greater your chance of scoring.

Either way, both were the wrong choice IMO, it just shows the ineptitude of the club and the clear lack of vision

Status
Not open for further replies.