2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we go down.

Nothing will actually change if we scrape through again.

Short to medium term pain for long term gain. Or we dissolve and we can all move on from this tripe.
Oh yes, of course going down will help us lots, its like a magic reset button that will cahnge the toxic club culture......im afraid going down we will be like a Wigan. Bottom of championship next season.

Our ambitions over the next 3 years are galaxies away from the richest club on the planet. We’ll give him sod all. But he won’t get replaced if he finishes 5th, which Howe may do.

There's no guarantee that giving him £90m ensures he has the same impact as Howe, so that also works the same way in that if he is given no resources but manages to maximise what is already at the club he could still have the same impact as Howe. If any club has shown having money doesn't equal progress it's us.

All what ifs, but we will find out come the end of the season and hopefully for our sake it works out.
Im not arguing we’re competing with Newcastle but people keep saying , he might do what Howe did . I’m just pointing out spending £90m might have helped . As we know better than anyone Spending money doesn’t guarantee success but it’s certainly helped Newcastle and if we have dyche £900k or £90m which do you reckon would give him the best chance ?

Anyway the new manager has only one job and that’s to keep us safe , so best of luck to him .

In fairness to @Socrates1882, my hope is now he’s got a bit of a budget (or hopefully), he’ll be able to build a dogged team who can play football.

Someone said, would you have expected it from Eddie Howe? I think it’s only fair to give Dyche the benefit of the doubt, and fully back him and hope he can not only save us, but take us back up the table in the coming seasons.

The season we finished 7th we had a fully fit Steven Defour in midfield and we played some half decent stuff for half a season.

He was a bit Brexit with us. And the transformation under Kompany now is mindblowing. But Kompany has only been able to do this because we’ve got more money than anybody else in the Championship - and that is because of Dyche.

He will make you harder to beat straight away. And he won’t stand any [Poor language removed] from your players.

People scared because if this annual circus is coming to a close, we’ll have to think about football results and league tables again.

He’s not what we want at all. But some of the managers suggested over the last week (UCL winners, young up and comers, Carlos son) wouldn’t come here for any amount of money. If he thinks he can do it here, and he has balls to try, then fair play.

Eventually he would get a job at a smaller club than us, but one that is in a less dodgy position. The fact he is willing to join this madhouse gets my backing for now.

And no, he won’t be playing hoofball to Gray and Maupay. He’s unpopular and orange but he’s not thick.

This is how low we have fallen so it is what it is,lets hope he keeps us up and can see him getting booted this time next year too.

Lots turned their nose up at Howe a while back and look how thats turned out.

If it is Dyche lets get behind him and hope he has the same impact Howe had for Newcastle last season.
Howe played attacking football and couldn't defend. It is easier to adapt your style to improve your defence (which fair play to him, he did) than it is to suddenly start coaching good attacking play.

Those kinds of managers that play crap, percentages football never change. And they always use excuses as to why they don't, when the fault lies with them.

Keane and Tarkowski nailed on centre back partnership. I would imagine Sean will be bringing in Charlie Taylor ?? Best chance you have at staying a Premier League club. Turgid to watch but he’ll sort you out UTC

You’re absolutely crackers you lot.

Properly poisonous.

Full disclosure - I’m a Burnley fan. And I also agree that the football under Dyche in the Premier League was, at times, bloody awful.

However, we had absolutely no business being in the Premier League when he took over. The week before the promotion season started he lost Charlie Austin, our one really proven player, and was forced to go with two rookie strikers. He turned Tom Heaton, Ben Mee, Kieran Trippier and Danny Ings from jobbing Championship footballers to internationals - or near as damn it.

The first thing he did was told the players he would not accept anything less than 100%. If you weren’t up for it you were out the door. He had one to one meetings with the players and asked them all to name the trouble makers in the squad - made them think about their behaviour and standards. He asked them why they accepted that slacking off and challenged them to self police the dressing room. He established a culture which elevated them beyond their levels and had us winning at United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and playing you off the park at your place. That sounds to me a lot better than getting beat at home by Southampton, Wolves and Leicester like you lot have.

Your club is a mess. It has been a mess for decades now. Proper decades. You need a massive reality check and until you accept where you are and what you are you will not improve. Doesn’t matter what you’ve spent, doesn’t matter where you think you should be …… all that matters right now is where you are and how you get out of it.

Bielsa would have been a mental appointment. Absolutely crackers. Dyche gives you a chance if you give him a chance.

MORNING TOFFEES

Hope they at least have the sense to only give him a short term contract with a view to evaluation at the end of the season and if he does well then fair enough. No doubt the blurts will give him a 3 year contract and have to pay him about 4 million quid in May. It is Everton's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.