2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he should manage in Australia next or MLS, that seems to be a good stepping stone, it worked for Postecoglu who is now doing well at Celtic.

Time. He had no backing in the transfer market, most fans think we are down whoever comes in and yet still the majority of fans wanted him out after half a season.

Instead of demanding better of the club and players we have demanded our annual bloodletting instead. We would have run Arteta out last season if we were arsenal fans.
We needed a coach, someone who had left field/ intuitive Ideas for a failing team. Someone who could bring some nous and up to date footballing smarts. Lampard signed off on Maupey and thought he could play as an isolated target man against 6ft 4 centre backs. The team‘s midfield set up had an awful stench of Clement/derby without someone knowledgeable to hold his hand all over it and he also patently didn’t coach any attacking drills into the team, just told them to “use their instincts”….
He’s a lucky boy that the BT studio is so welcoming. Having said all that, what a nice fella.

Last edited:
In a few years he will be looked at as a loser for us.

He failed.
of course he did, well strictly speaking he didn't last year as his remit was to keep us up, but this season his remit was to have us away from danger, and we're not there. He wasn't helped in achieving that remit, so people above him have failed too.

I can say this about every manager though. From Moyes in 05-06, or Martinez in 13-14 when we had CL in our hands, and then finishing 11th twice with a 20-goal a season striker, to Koeman, even through to Ancelotti. We gambled on Europe and spent a ton of money to do it with Carlo, and dropped from 4th to 10th in the run-in.

Failure and Everton go hand in hand, unfortunately.

We needed a coach, someone who had left field/ intuitive Ideas for a failing team. Someone who could bring some nous and up to date footballing smarts. Lampard signed off on Maupey and thought he could play as an isolated target man against 6ft 4 centre backs. The team‘s midfield set up had an awful stench of Clement/derby without someone knowledgeable to hold his hand all over it and he also patently didn’t coach any attacking drills into the team, just told them to “use their instincts”….
He’s a lucky boy that the BT studio is so welcoming. Having said all that, what a nice fella.
he needs to learn he's not going to manage good enough teams to be able to do this on a regular basis, until he actually works out how to come up with proper structure in attack.

Carlo said 'just play' with our mob too remember. It worked when James was playing but otherwise we largely looked lost and he had to redefine the structure, and even that wasn't enough in the end.

Carlo's earned 'just play' though. Lampard hasn't and needs to know he has to improve on that. I'm sure he knows, but knowing and doing are different things. You also need helo from those above and around you, neither of which he got. But he should have gone at the very latest after Brighton.

of course he did, well strictly speaking he didn't last year as his remit was to keep us up, but this season his remit was to have us away from danger, and we're not there. He wasn't helped in achieving that remit, so people above him have failed too.

I can say this about every manager though. From Moyes in 05-06, or Martinez in 13-14 when we had CL in our hands, and then finishing 11th twice with a 20-goal a season striker, to Koeman, even through to Ancelotti. We gambled on Europe and spent a ton of money to do it with Carlo, and dropped from 4th to 10th in the run-in.

Failure and Everton go hand in hand, unfortunately.

Frank Lampard and Mike Walker go hand in hand as our worst managers ever into our history books.

...to blame Lampard.

Did Lampard sell Richarlison? Without him, who did you think could score goals for Lampard?

We can't survive without goals. Who do you think can score them for our new manager?

Even Houdini couldn't save Everton now.
Richarlison will of wanted to go, he had done his time with us and was ready for what he believed was the next natural step in his career

FL will of sanctioned Maupay and O’Neil, personally that money could of been better utilised in buying a pacy attack minded player

If you believe 3 wins and a total of 15pts is acceptable, I am sorry I expect more
I didn’t expect top 10 this season, as appreciated the squad we had was poor. I did expect not to be 2nd to bottom, and watching tactics and overall play that I felt was totally unacceptable

Will we escape

Honestly no idea, but a change had to happen, to give us any chance

We can only hope

Status
Not open for further replies.