January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to Holgate and Keane etc. KT needs to move forward and destroy our false image of EVERloan. If these clubs want our players, pay it. If we back off as usual, people will know our stand and take advantage. And we let them do this to us since Walsh was here. Something has to be changed.

I judge that from Brighton past records. More success than failure don’t you agree?

Even he is rubbish he costed €6m. If we bought rubbish he costed £20m, on higher wages too.
Success is signing a player for cheap money and for that player to then become a top footballer winning thing in a big club. So far jury is very much out. Cucurela has been very poor at chelsea and looks more like a 5 millions player. Bissouma has been ok at spurs but unlikely to win anything anytime soon and trossard is average, a costly mistake here by arsenal as he is not good enough for a starting position. What's good at Brighton is not the individuals but the collective which is working superbly this season.

Trying to catch up with those clubs is a bit much at the moment but we should be trying to make more from sponsorship deals. I get that the higher up you finish the better deals you entice and so on but it doesn't stop us from maximising what we have. I said the other day we should have a sponsor for the bloody urinals if it means extra cash for the coffers, anything we can get. We have also had multiple opportunities over the years to actually build Everton as a brand and never ever bothered to try and that goes back long before Moshiri rolled up. That's a whole other conversation though.
Yep, so many missed boats. Tim Cahil and Tim Howard both offering huge inroads into commercial opportunities for instance - not seized upon. Same with James.

Poorly run as we know

The last set of accounts our wage bill was 185 million and was 95% of our turnover. The year before it was 164 million and 89% of our turnover.

We will see the latest accounts in March and my guess is that wages will be in the region of 160 million.
Large drop in turnover will hamper us further

Status
Not open for further replies.