2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is off somewhere that much is true. Looks deflated in his body language. Understandably frustrated with how bad at football the ten players outfield of him are !
Be fine if he was doing a De Gea and basically willing us points again, but this season he's not really been as hot as he previously was imho.

Obviously not saying he's the problem or something, far from it, but weird in general really.

You're right. He isn't the issue.
Yeah, it'd be insane to say he is.
If anything it's even more obvious that he's not giving it his all that saves/plays I feel he'd do better with up until recently are now 50/50s, in a way.

We've lost him anyway, matter of time.

Would rather he stayed, but if we can get a good price this window and spend it well at the other end of the pitch (that bit worries me) it could save our season.

Begovic is an adequate replacement in the short term.

Just hope whatever touching and reacharounds involving Pickford happen - they happen after we're relegated the season ends so that we have him until then at least...
Double edged sword that mate, we get relegated we are only getting half his value because we will have the begging bowl out. The financial implications of relegation will absolutely destroy us, I'm pretty sure our board are aware of this.... Problem is they haven't a clue how to fix it.... Best case scenario he stays and we stay up.

We can dream

Status
Not open for further replies.