Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

My fear is Southampton look like scoring in ways that we really don't. They're more methodical about their approach play. We're all individual inspiration. That was a superb stop by Pickford there at the end. This match is far from over.

They've barely created anything. One run by Diallo that he shot towards row Y of the Gladys. The cross shot that just looped wide was a bit nervy but I don't see much of a threat.

As I said pre match bizarre from Jones that he drops the front 3 that did so well in the cups for them.

Our back 5 isn’t working, they’ve had lots of really good chances from open play. We should play more attacking. We’re weak going forward in this formation
But we were to open when playing 4 at the back and were weak going forward in other formations as well.

This formation can be more offensive by changing coleman/Myko for Gordon)McnEil

Good to be in the lead but it just emphasizes the need for players in so many areas regardless of formation.

Wing Backs too easily pinned in as Full Backs in a back 5.

Midfield crying out for someone who can collect the ball and distrubute.

No link man between Calvert Lewin and the midfield which further emphasizes the wing back issue as we end up just going backwards and punting it.

It's going to be ugly for a while but we just need to try and hold leads like this and grind out points.

Status
Not open for further replies.