2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had money and he’s spent it very poorly. When you’re down at the bottom you need signings that come in and make an immediate impact.

Onana was the big signing, despite our attack desperately needing reinforcements, and it hasn’t really worked out. If he had that money again, I’m not convinced he’d buy any of those players again.

I keep reading that. Just out of interest if you go back to Carlo Ancelotti. He tried to be more offensive and i think the first few games he got the shock of his life. We won a few early on like the brighton game. But that was when he had a fit digne/calvert lewin flying. The early stages of james rodriguez, Richarlison etc. But that brighton game the signs were there. We won 4-2 but we were very open. Knock on a few games later. Rodriguez was already cooked. The offensive side was starting to struggle to counter balance the lack of quality elsewhere. And Ancelotti was no idiot. Before long we were camped. His tactic very quickly became park the bus.

So tactic wise if lampard had parked the bus all season we might have a few more points. He hasnt. And the danger was/is he put to much faith in players who cant cut it.

Roll on sean dyche. The lidl version of ancelotti. He will park that bus.
I think thats where we're at. One tactic only. Spoil the game.
The only way now. We also need a tactic to spring an effective counter

He’s had money and he’s spent it very poorly. When you’re down at the bottom you need signings that come in and make an immediate impact.

Onana was the big signing, despite our attack desperately needing reinforcements, and it hasn’t really worked out. If he had that money again, I’m not convinced he’d buy any of those players again.

This is something im conflicted about.

Are the players good enough? Vs Does the manager have the skills.

I'm really undecided and i swing from one to the other.

To be very honest, i have an intrusive memory of Frank at Chelsea and a woefully unbalanced Chelsea team struggling to integrate new signings, he lost his job and a more experienced and talented manager came in, balanced the squad in short order and won the CL in six months. Frank wasn't getting the best out of those players. Is it the same here........like i say im conflicted about it.

I like the lid, but that memory is nagging me and ultimately this is business.

This is something im conflicted about.

Are the players good enough? Vs Does the manager have the skills.

I'm really undecided and i swing from one to the other.

To be very honest, i have an intrusive memory of Frank at Chelsea and a woefully unbalanced Chelsea team struggling to integrate new signings, he lost his job and a more experienced and talented manager came in, balanced the squad in short order and won the CL in six months. Frank wasn't getting the best out of those players. Is it the same here........like i say im conflicted about it.

I like the lid, but that memory is nagging me and ultimately this is business.
I think there's a viewpoint somewhere in the middle. How does it affect the defensive players or midfielders when we have no goal threat? Does it make you second guess everything when passing forward? Does it make you feel more pressure and therefore make mistakes, because you know if we concede we probably won't score?

I think if we had decent forward players and creative players that the base is quite solid, but we're asking too much of them with no outlets at all

Tactics have been an issue of course as they haven't found a way round it

LOL. As if you don't believe the midfield needed strengthening.

Crazy comment by Lampard to suggest he expected another relegation battle this season after the Palace game last season. Yes we sold Richarlison, but yes £90m was put back into the squad. He's off his head.
I think most recognised this season was going to be another relegation fight.
Especially after we entered the season considerably weaker in attack.

I think most recognised this season was going to be another relegation fight.
Especially after we entered the season considerably weaker in attack.
Of course, but he's talking about "post Crystal Palace", ie. once we knew we were safe.

He had a whole summer and net approx. £30m to strengthen the squad, yet has taken us backwards. The board, Thelwell and Lampard are all the blame.

Frank always conducts himself well in these pre match press conferences. It is what happens tomorrow that matters. We have only won 2 home games all season and they all need to stop faffing about now and put their money where their mouths are, starting tomorrow and from here on in.

Lampard's got the best of intentions at least and a desire to improve rapidly, but is short tactically and has often made questionable in-game changes while being reactive rather than proactive. The recruitment is obviously not great to say the least.

Frank is in the job and good luck to him but it is a house of cards waiting to fall. Guillem Balague (nobody likes him admittedly) told the BBC's Euro league podcast that the club approached Bobby Brown Shoes who was tempted but was given a better 'project' as Portugal boss, hence why he's signed up there.

If Potter or Moyes are available and there is losses to Saints and West Ham then its inevitable that change follows for Frank. Hopefully, naturally both game will be won and there won't be need for change. Tomorrow is enormous.

...If Potter or Moyes are available and there is losses to Saints and West Ham then its inevitable that change follows for Frank. Hopefully, naturally both game will be won and there won't be need for change. Tomorrow is enormous.
I have to say I really thought Chelsea would tough it out with Potter, but boy do the fans seem pissed with both the performances but also his pressers. I'm not sure Potter would even want to hop into a relegation scrap job if he leaves Stamford Bridge but the uglier it gets, the more of a semi realistic hypothetical it seems we could get a meeting. Something that would have been impossible while he was at Brighton. Regardless of his London stint a hire I would be incredibly optimistic about.

Status
Not open for further replies.