January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what other clubs want or don't want, but we should put the feelers out at the very least and see if there is a potential market for those two players, or indeed anyone else in our whole squad.

As for the perceived market values of our players, well I don't suspect the club and I are on the same page when it comes to what they might be. I imagine the club wouldn't pick up the phone for offers less than £50m Gordon, whereas I'd drive him to the ends of the Earth if a club there was willing to pay £30m.

If we have no money to spend then we have to explore every option available to us. We can't just do nothing.

Spurs are the only ones who have shown any interest in Pickford and they almost certainly won't sign him in January, especially when come the summer he'll have 12 months left on his deal or we'll be in no place to turn down any offer that comes in anyway.

No other PL club is interested.

Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle - they all like Gordon. But you don't go begging teams to buy your players if you want to get any decent value for them ultimately.

Spurs are the only ones who have shown any interest in Pickford and they almost certainly won't sign him in January, especially when come the summer he'll have 12 months left on his deal or we'll be in no place to turn down any offer that comes in anyway.

No other PL club is interested.

Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle - they all like Gordon. But you don't go begging teams to buy your players if you want to get any decent value for them ultimately.
Going round with a begging bowl is the least of our concerns. We won't get anything like market value if we are trying to sell these players off as a Championship club so I don't believe it would make a difference.

It is moot anyway of course, a month doesn't leave much time to get things sorted especially if you are selling players so it's a pipe dream from my end anyway. We are just in a state of paralysis as a club. Our hierarchy is constantly caught off guard, always behind the curve. I bet we have no clue who we'll even replace Lampard with, never mind who'll we bring in if we do manage to sell some players.

Who on earth would sign for us at the moment.
Club in crisis.
Facing relegation full in the face.
Limited funds.
Manager who is effectively in the last chance saloon.

Not a good look is it ?

Going round with a begging bowl is the least of our concerns. We won't get anything like market value if we are trying to sell these players off as a Championship club so I don't believe it would make a difference.

It is moot anyway of course, a month doesn't leave much time to get things sorted especially if you are selling players so it's a pipe dream from my end anyway. We are just in a state of paralysis as a club. Our hierarchy is constantly caught off guard, always behind the curve. I bet we have no clue who we'll even replace Lampard with, never mind who'll we bring in if we do manage to sell some players.
Agree there!

If I am right, the outcome of Toney’s betting issues are going to announced today and coincidentally, Brentford have signed a striker the same day.

That’s how a club should be run, signing a player pro-actively. I know Toney is injured but he was nearly in contention for their last match so it shouldn’t be a long one, but they have prepared for a bad outcome in relation to his bets. The biggest kicker is that it’s a loan initially so it’s a deal we could have done but I don’t think anyone at the club will have heard of the lad.

Admittedly I haven’t and he could be awful but these people are paid by our club to know all of these players
Agreed if they were backing Lamps give him the tools we are badly lacking goal scorers, the job is too big for Lampard but time and again the board hamstring managers. The club is rotten. Not sure how it changes. We need more than a new manager in the short term we need two or three goal scorers.

Stubbs is saying we need 5 new players in this window in order to survive the drop...cant see one player in let alone 5.

Honestly think Mykolenko is a really decent player but he is allergic to going forward. He'd be absolutely fine as a backup option but you shouldn't be spending whatever we did on a backup option. I just can't believe how awfully this club is run. If Moshiri sacked the board and put 3-5 random supporters in there and they literally could not do worse.

Honestly think Mykolenko is a really decent player but he is allergic to going forward. He'd be absolutely fine as a backup option but you shouldn't be spending whatever we did on a backup option. I just can't believe how awfully this club is run. If Moshiri sacked the board and put 3-5 random supporters in there and they literally could not do worse.
Terrified of leaving space behind him and getting caught out. It’s a mentality thing. If we’re going to lose just make sure it’s not me who is seen to be at fault. This is the attitude we have now.

Apparently Alex Iwobi was more expensive than Brighton's entire starting 11. Their recruitment compared to ours is just night and day. They have got their finger on the pulse of practically every football market to bring through top emerging talent and their succession planning is just breathtakingly efficient. Sign Cucurella for like £15m, sell him a year later for £60m, no problem, sign Estupinian for £15m - and they'll already have a list as long as your arm already of replacements for him where he to go.

Compare that to us, sign Richarlison for £40m after half a good season of top flight football, sell him for a scant profit four years later with nobody in mind at all to replace him, and leave ourselves completely toothless at the end of it. Next transfer window, we have to recall a lad from a loan deal because we are that desperate.

We are just appalling at every single aspect of being a professional football club and sustainable business.

Status
Not open for further replies.