January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The same Patterson that's out injured for two months and rubbish?
Ok didn't see he was injured. Coleman then or Holgate.

Not ideal but if there is little money to spend it needs to go on attacking options.
We can't spend on a new RB when our number one is only out for 2 months.

Ok didn't see he was injured. Coleman then or Holgate.

Not ideal but if there is little money to spend it needs to go on attacking options.
We can't spend on a new RB when our number one is only out for 2 months.
We need crosses into forwards. We're not getting that on either flank.

If I am right, the outcome of Toney’s betting issues are going to announced today and coincidentally, Brentford have signed a striker the same day.

That’s how a club should be run, signing a player pro-actively. I know Toney is injured but he was nearly in contention for their last match so it shouldn’t be a long one, but they have prepared for a bad outcome in relation to his bets. The biggest kicker is that it’s a loan initially so it’s a deal we could have done but I don’t think anyone at the club will have heard of the lad.

Admittedly I haven’t and he could be awful but these people are paid by our club to know all of these players

Well that's not completely set in stone, there is a chance both players might sign new contracts and also a chance we could stay up. United are monitoring goalkeepers as De Gea looks off in the summer and Spurs probably are too as Lloris is fading year on year. And who knows with Gordon, he is rumoured to have suitors still despite how miserable he's been this season.

From our point of view, it's looking very likely that if we do nothing we're doomed. The fact we have recalled Simms looks telling that we don't have much room to operate in January, if any, as it stands. We have to give the next manager a fighting chance.
I meant as in January - why would either of them be priority targets for clubs that could offer what we want?

We need crosses into forwards. We're not getting that on either flank.
Agreed but playing a one footed McNeil on the right and a player who doesn't know when to release the ball in Gray doesn't help that situation.

At the very least them 2 should have swapped last night. McNeil is a total waste on the right.

I meant as in January - why would either of them be priority targets for clubs that could offer what we want?
I have no idea what other clubs want or don't want, but we should put the feelers out at the very least and see if there is a potential market for those two players, or indeed anyone else in our whole squad.

As for the perceived market values of our players, well I don't suspect the club and I are on the same page when it comes to what they might be. I imagine the club wouldn't pick up the phone for offers less than £50m Gordon, whereas I'd drive him to the ends of the Earth if a club there was willing to pay £30m.

If we have no money to spend then we have to explore every option available to us. We can't just do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.