Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he is out of reach all the top 6 sides have a secure manager apart from Spurs and he won’t be going back there, not saying we will get him but he’s deffo not out of reach imo
That's thinking from a couple of years back mate.

Look where we are now: no cash to spend and sold our better creative players. This squad would have Pochettino running in the opposite direction to avoid them.

If someone comes up with a reachable/viable manager to take this lot on, then please alert me to it.

I don’t think he is out of reach mate. Look at the geezer in the opposite dugout yesterday. Had absolutely no business jacking in what he had over there for a relegation fight over here but it’s the allure of the league/associated filthy lucre isn’t it? Pochettino wants back into the league and no doubt another crack at the big time which he gets if he turns us into a lower mid table outfit or better.

He was also involved (though I admit I have no idea how heavily) in instigating one of the better transfer policies I’ve seen in the league in recent times when Southampton previously turned into Porto lite.
Wolves are a bigger draw for a manager than we are. They have a lot of good technical players. Lopetegui would have baulked at coaching this lot we have.

This really is a poison challice.

As I conceded today: it's probably the right time we let FL go. However, I'd like to think if we do that then there's a good manager out there who can come in and motivate a load of journeymen and coax a few results out of them to at least make a fist of our fight to stay in the PL. I haven't heard anything remotley plausible so far.

Wolves are a bigger draw for a manager than we are. They have a lot of good technical players. Lopetegui would have baulked at coaching this lot we have.

As I conceded today: it's probably the right time we let FL go. However, I'd like to think if we do that then there's a good manager out there who can come in and motivate a load of journeymen and coax a few results out of them to at least make a fist of our fight to stay in the PL. I haven't heard anything remotley plausible so far.
You’re probably not wrong, HOWEVER, we’re a couple of attacking signings from having a side that a competent coach can guide to a few places above the drop zone. Having seen what FL has done (or not) with the summer signings I don’t want him given this window.

That's Dyche then Dave.

The worst manager we have had, what a load of nonsense. have you any sort of statistics to back that up? oh is it really that easy to make a WC final? how many has england been in since 66?

Status
Not open for further replies.