Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do sack Lampard then at least we know he has a passion for the club and make the players have a good go.
So much passion that he refused to sign a contract extension with us that would have guaranteed us compensation, sat out his deal, and ran out to Man United quicker than you could say "Winning is what I do."

To be fair, none of that would have been possible but for the craven acquiescence of Bill Kenwright.

When people look for the reasons for our decline, all roads point back to Kenwright.

I wonder, how many posters are confident that their choice for next manager, can turn EFC fortunes around with the tools provided? :)

It's what he did for years with a squad with similar abilities to ours now.

He's one of the few managers with proven record of being able to do this job
Fair enough if he can but I presume he would just make us hard to beat but we are struggling attack wise and that's not something his Burnley team were renowned for. Without a recognised number nine he would struggle too. One way he probably does suit the up and at em more direct kind of football our home crowd like

I think I'm going to need a laugh in 2023. I mean, if Everton is to finally meet its end, it might as well go out splitting our sides as well as our hearts. To that end, bring a Blue home and give it Wayne. Bill will finally have his closure as the "Out of Business" signs go up around Goodison. Entertainment demands that Rooney returns one final time.

Voted Dunc but getting vibes of Shearer at Newcastle if he came in to save the day. Seriously worried that passion would not be enough and his legacy would be tainted with some fans if we went down.

Pochettino did a boss job at Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs. Failed at PSG to the same extent as other recent coaches. He’s the absolute best possible option for us.
He's way out of reach.

From the shouts so far I have to wondr whether we shouldn't just stick with Lampard...after all he has had recent experience of saving a team from relegation....

He's way out of reach.

From the shouts so far I have to wondr whether we shouldn't just stick with Lampard...after all he has had recent experience of saving a team from relegation....
I don’t think he is out of reach all the top 6 sides have a secure manager apart from Spurs and he won’t be going back there, not saying we will get him but he’s deffo not out of reach imo

He's way out of reach.

I don’t think he is out of reach mate. Look at the geezer in the opposite dugout yesterday. Had absolutely no business jacking in what he had over there for a relegation fight over here but it’s the allure of the league/associated filthy lucre isn’t it? Pochettino wants back into the league and no doubt another crack at the big time which he gets if he turns us into a lower mid table outfit or better.

He was also involved (though I admit I have no idea how heavily) in instigating one of the better transfer policies I’ve seen in the league in recent times when Southampton previously turned into Porto lite.

Does Tony Pulis always do punditry on Amazon Prime or is he trying to put himself in the shop window? Would definitely steer clear of him but interesting as I haven’t seen him on tv in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.