Pochettino

Seize Pochettino with immediate effect?

• Yes. Top quality manager will have us shooting up the table

• No. I would rather be faithful to Project Lampard

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tend to agree. We had Carlo and still struggled because the club is run godawfully it catches up with whoever the manager is. But I would say Poch is better than Frank tactically. We need to give him a bit more time but we also need to see more very soon in terms of performance and results or we will be looking at another manager.

Only way we will genuinely progress is if we are taken over which doesn't look likely until we are in BMD, so it's just hoping beyond hope we can stay up and build in the meantime.
I think we will struggle no matter who the manager is with this board, but we can "struggle" in mid table or in the relegation zone. I know where I'd prefer to be.

Mauricio Pochettino on Talksport last night was asked about whether he would’ve taken the Villa job. He confirmed he would consider any Premier League job. Rumours of him being an Everton candidate are bubbling away.

Now we may be emotionally invested in Frank’s project but if we could have Pochettino in tomorrow, would we? We know the board like to splash out on the big names. If we lose to Wolves on Boxing Day and Lampard is sacked, it may be too late.

Let me know your thoughts.
Frank needs to asess his position, pretty impossible id say if he simply does nothing.
He aint getting Benzimar, Haarland, Harry, Rashford ,even DCL at the top of his game for Boxing Day.
The forwards hes got aint done it, many reasons, a few glaringly obvious.
Banking on DCL, so had to play Maupey as No 1, lead the line, hes never done that successfully.
No strikers, potential to score, shots on goal, Poor at best.
Confidence gone through the floor, we can score, so lets not give the ball away.
Invite the opposition to jave 20shots us 0.
This aint rocket science.

So Frank needs to tell his boss , bosses he aint caring the can for not replacing Ritchy.Knowbody in there right minds think Maupey, Dwight are replacing DCL, Ritchy.
Frank, go tell them, give me two top strikers we can stay up, maybe a creative midfielder.
Then if Moshiri sacks you Boxing Evening,after City, Brighton , you can get another job.
Franks partly to blame, he should have known, he gambled on DCL, Maupey being better, Dwight better.AG not losing form.

If he sits waits loses, its sour milk, i didnt have this that.Bad luck ect.
He might upset Moshiri, the board, but hell get respect from the fans.

Pottichino, ?He aint coming without £150million war chest.
Few are coming if any with no.money.

Frank stays with us even if we drop.

Frank needs to asess his position, pretty impossible id say if he simply does nothing.
He aint getting Benzimar, Haarland, Harry, Rashford ,even Dominic Calvert-Lewin at the top of his game for Boxing Day.
Banking on Dominic Calvert-Lewin, so had to play Maupey as No 1, lead the line, hes never done that successfully.
Confidence gone through the floor, we can score, so lets not give the ball away.

So Frank needs to tell his boss , bosses he aint caring the can for not replacing Ritchy.Knowbody in there right minds think Maupey, Dwight are replacing Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Ritchy.
Frank, go tell them, give me two top strikers we can stay up, maybe a creative midfielder.
Then if Moshiri sacks you Boxing Evening,after City, Brighton , you can get another job.
Franks partly to blame, he should have known, he gambled on Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Maupey being better, Dwight better.AG not losing form.

Genuinely got vertigo reading this

He aint getting Benzimar, Haarland, Harry, Rashford ,even Dominic Calvert-Lewin at the top of his game for Boxing Day.
Banking on Dominic Calvert-Lewin, so had to play Maupey as No 1, lead the line, hes never done that successfully.

So Frank needs to tell his boss , bosses he aint caring the can for not replacing Ritchy.Knowbody in there right minds think Maupey, Dwight are replacing Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Ritchy.
Franks partly to blame, he should have known, he gambled on Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Maupey being better, Dwight better.AG not losing form.

Painful read as always golfy.

Lampard is looking very unlikely to be the man, problem is can Poch get us out of the relegation fight Frank has put us in?
I'm not sure that's his thing
It's not just on Frank we've been in one for two seasons. The squad isn't good enough especially when we've sold or lost most of our creativity and goals. That being said as much as I don't think it helps to keep hiring and firing managers he and the team must start doing better starting when we come back or he's under pressure we can't afford to go down.

Last edited:

Au contaire;
There were reasons ( he's not Benitez, Victor or Moyes, Rooney and Potter knocked us back ) we hired Lampard in the first place and there's 2 main reasons for sticking with Lampard...beyond blind hope...
1) We've tried multiple managers
2) Lack of a decent candidate.

We now have a potentially very decent candidate - Moshiri / The Board would...not for the first time it has to be said...be seriously remiss in their duties if they didn't explore the option.

Edit;
#1phonecall
Frank isnt perfect ,we knew that.He has made a few errors, like not planning for DCL not getting back fit, picking up injuries, no form.
First really black mark, nieve.But he gambled and thought if i can get 24 points from 15games by Boxing Day i ll be fine.
Next window, he must have sold that to Moshiri.
Hes had bad luck, some poor poor performances from individuals, heads down.His squad have let him, themselves US down.
So Franks in the mire, a corner he knows it.
Hes hoping he will be allowed two decent strikers.
Just read Billy Gilmore is to go out on loan from Brighton, ca Frank get a tune out of him.
Frank can get sack for some bad mistakes, but Moshiri ,the board have to shoulder some blame.
Give Frank the players he wants, keep him.
If we go down ,hell stay take us back.up a better manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.