Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he won’t be sacked. and he shouldn’t be as of now,look at leicester looked awful

stuck with they’re guy.

we will stick with ours he will get money to spend the WC has come at the correct time
Sorry matty it just seems like delusion at this rate to believe he can do this

So what I don’t get it is how you can go from a season’s best performance against Palace to absolute freefall in a matter of a couple of weeks.

What happened?

As I said (and was attacked for it) Palace set up with one single CM who's 31 and has no legs that game in which we had acres of space to exploit.

Unfortunately for Lampard the other 18 teams haven't been as generous.

Poor team selection and tactics, why oh why does he playing McNeil, Maupay ? rubbish players. relied too much on DCL being fit. Add to that for a player who is said to have so much skill etc - Gordon what happened and Gray ?

Should have tried our younger players a bit more, might even win !

No, because at some point the players have to be held accountable...
The one constant we have is moshiri firing managers and the playing staff staying largely the same

So what I don’t get it is how you can go from a season’s best performance against Palace to absolute freefall in a matter of a couple of weeks.

What happened?
i think it is becoming more and more apparent that it was Palace being awful that day as opposed to us being particularly good. See Palace yesterday for further context to this.

No, because at some point the players have to be held accountable...
The one constant we have is moshiri firing managers and the playing staff staying largely the same
We have a completely new back 4 and central midfield from this time last season

There’s is still an absence of a tangible playing style or system

Lampard has completely failed to implement a way of playing

As I said (and was attacked for it) Palace set up with one single CM who's 31 and has no legs that game in which we had acres of space to exploit.

Unfortunately for Lampard the other 18 teams haven't been as generous.
Also the thing is we've just lost 7-1 over two legs to Bournemouth in a week. Squad rotations for both in the first thrashing, full strength for both in the second thrashing.

Their squad is just better than ours and the brains who coach them and set them up I'd dare say are better than ours too. How can you come to any other conclusion?

Make no mistake they ran rings around us yesterday, they could go from their box to ours and create a chance within a couple of seconds, lightening break outs we had no idea of how to combat.

This is only Bournemouth too, that's the frightening part. Agree 100% too re. your Palace comment.

You think we could have stayed second that season?

Lol.

We slipped back to where we really should have been.

The point being that when Benitez took over we were right to then harbour hopes of a midtable finish.

But after last season we are kidding ourselves to believe we should be near midtable. You cant sell a quality player like Richarlison, not replace him, then still expect to be competitive.

We were one of the favourtites to go down the moment the transfer window shut and we had no strikers worthy of the name.

The only option we have - short of destabilising the club again with another managerial sacking - is to buy a striker and a creative player in January and see how that affects things.
Well we were not very buoyant then were we if we just from second to the mid table, really we just sank to that position and Benitez was forced to sell Rodriguez because of the outrageous wages he was on, plus Benitez was wise to his work rate and injuries, real or imagined, Benitez had little to spend compared to the Italian who was allowed to spend plenty plus giving the players bought ridiculous wages and contracts.

I realise the position Frank was in at the start of the season because of lack of strikers but he hasn’t helped himself with some of his team selections, substitutions and style of play, again he has had more to spend than Benitez and hasn’t real done any better and the team is still very poor to watch.By the way it was Lampard who said we were favourites to go down at the start of this season, the players at Everton must have been delighted with that little bit of confidence in them. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.