2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it Davek.
Honestly don't know what people see in him to enspire any confidence.
He just about made it over the line, we had games in hand when he took over , it's not like we stormed to the finish line with a run of great results.
Hope you are right, means we are OK.
I think we are far from that and will continue to be in the mire .
Well we are because we have dreadful players and a pretty average manager.

If Lampard stays or goes, it changes nothing - we need two attackers in January, which we needed in the summer, and he also needs to find a way to fix the system. A big part of that, IMO, is having better players who actually know how to play football at a reasonable, professional level. Not McNeil, Gray and Gordon as our creative options.

It still adds to the fact it's a rebuild - freeing up wages and places. That's a huge turnover of players, even sending ones on loan who have had 1st team experience, to then replace as they would be on the bench.

Delph, Allan, Gomes, Gbamin, Richarlison, Alli, Sigurdson (7) were expensive buys for the 1st team on high wages. The rest looked to fill in. You're then looking Mina and Rondon going in January.

Since the start of last season, we have Pickford, Iwobi and Gray in our XI, who were regular starters. Gordon was here, but he wasn't a first team regular.

Patterson and Mykolenko came in during January, but you could fairly argue that they're part of the wider rebuilding process that's been started.

Coady, Tarkowski, Gana, Oanan, Garner, McNeil and Maupay all in the summer. For me, it's very clearly a rebuild.

Back to reality....you cant rebuild a squad based on one player leaving for a fee and some for free. The rest on loan will still return and need to be budgeted for.

Pickford
Begovic
Lonergan
Virginia
Jakupovic
Coady
Keane
Tarkowski
Mina
Holgate
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Coleman
Patterson
Mykolenko
Nkounkou
Vinagre
Doucoure
Davies
Gomes
Dele
Gbamin
Gana
Onana
Garner
Iwobi
Gordon
Gray
Mcneil
Townsend
DCL
Maupay
Rondon
Kean

34 players there on our books. Thats not including the lines of Onyango who were included in @kenada_blue 's post.

Probably around 1/3 of those players should be in a 23 man squad.

Theres an enormous amount of players to be recycled. We could probably move out 20 to sign 5 new players.

But what has he done to address anything? They haven't scored since the preseason. He plays pretty much the same guys and everything on the pitch looks pretty much the same. It may be unfixable because of the talent but if he has no other ideas on how to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic, they need to find someone who does or the end result seems predictable.
What do you mean they haven't scored since pre-season?

At the moment he's getting loads of things wrong.

Well we are because we have dreadful players and a pretty average manager.

If Lampard stays or goes, it changes nothing - we need two attackers in January, which we needed in the summer, and he also needs to find a way to fix the system. A big part of that, IMO, is having better players who actually know how to play football at a reasonable, professional level. Not McNeil, Gray and Gordon as our creative options.
We need to go balls deep and spend big in January on forwards, just accept any fine that comes our way

Out of his depth. Failed at Derby, inexplicably got the Chelsea job and was taking them backwards, failing at Everton. I know that countless changes of manager is not a good thing, but sticking with a loser just for the sake of it is no good either. He has the 'hang-dog' look of a clueless manager and his 'insights' into the game "we missed 2 good chances" (yes, out of the only 2 created in the whole game, whereas the opposition had 10+) don't inspire confidence.

We need to go balls deep and spend big in January on forwards, just accept any fine that comes our way
Not sure that's realistic and unfortunately there's issues over the pitch too. Our defending isn't good and a hammering has been coming. We've had three in the last week.

So it needs solving.

If that means sacking Lampard, then do it quickly. If not, back him with forwards but the system has to change. He can't keep playing 4141 like this, it's madness.

.....and he still thinks that we were unlucky to lose to Leicester! Deluded and clueless. If he can't see that we were well beaten then there's no hope for him/us.
We were well beaten but we also missed two sitters that change the outcome of the game - even in the sense that it definitely wouldn't have been 2-0 Leicester, even if they'd ultimately had won.

Yesterday we had nothing.

Ever since he said he knew Evertonians want aggressive, direct, high intensity football, we've had nothing but slow, passive, lethargic, gutless football with a lack of bravery.

What has happened in the last 4 games? Why has he changed so much tactically? Why have we became so timid and soft again?

He talked a good game but the changes he made have taken us three steps back after 1 step forward. I wont watch this style of football and it will never work. Stop talking a good game and sort it out instead Frank or you will deservedly get the boot

He didn't have a massive chance IIRC. Fulham's best chance was from Willian, and Pickford made a really good save.

I don't care if a team has 10 shots if they're from positions where we are in control of the situation. Teams let us have shots, they know we'll do nowt with them - because we're crap.

What our issue is is that we let every team have tons of shots and eventually you run out of luck. Unless you play Everton who, I repeat, have the worst set of attackers in the league.
Mate we would be devasted if we missed those chances, but we won't because we will never create them.

We will to care as now the luck has dried up and pickford has been , you may have noticed those shots are going in the net.

Our issues are far worse at the moment. The attack is a major.

Should have stuck at Brighton

Another out of his depth
As a Brighton fan, its the best thing to happen to us him going. RDZ has us playing better.
I had high hopes for Fat Frank, seems to big a job for him. Hopefully what ever happens EFC will beat the drop, there are at least 3 other worst sides than you. A question for u, would u take Alladyce or Dyche who i believe will keep u up, but with more direct football, or take a chance on someone who will give u attractive football but you could be in danger of going down?

I know with ur new stadium on the horizion would u accept relegation for a season and have a new manager with a project, like we did with Potter.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season except against us.

Ever since he said he knew Evertonians want aggressive, direct, high intensity football, we've had nothing but slow, passive, lethargic, gutless football with a lack of bravery.

What has happened in the last 4 games?
Why has he changed so much tactically? Why have we became so timid and soft again?

He talked a good game but the changes he made have taken us three steps back after 1 step forward. I wont watch this style of football and it will never work. Stop talking a good game and sort it out instead Frank or you will deservedly get the boot
Whats the common factor with that? The players mate

Status
Not open for further replies.