What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right mate I have just checked, for some reason I thought it was the other way round
The home game with the Greeks was the night after the first Ali v Frasier fight,I knew the result but my mate didn’t and we were going to watch the fight, which was being shown on TV, right after the match finished. We thought we would get away handy with Everton getting a good lead for the second leg, but as it turned out we battered the Greeks but only a last minute equaliser by David Johnson gave us a chance of getting a result in Greece, definitely Everton that!!

The home game with the Greeks was the night after the first Ali v Frasier fight,I knew the result but my mate didn’t and we were going to watch the fight, which was being shown on TV, right after the match finished. We thought we would get away handy with Everton getting a good lead for the second leg, but as it turned out we battered the Greeks but only a last minute equaliser by David Johnson gave us a chance of getting a result in Greece, definitely Everton that!!
Such a disappointing season we were supposed to dominate the early 70s but it didn't happen

I was thinking about this the other day and the time I felt like I had had enough of going the game was the cup defeat to Liverpool in 2020. I don't have the motivation to get myself up for match days right now and would rather do something else at the weekend.

The last time I enjoyed going the game was under Roberto Martinez. He had major flaws but he brought me some of the most exciting games as an Evertonian and two good cup runs.

Im in my 50’s so fortunate to be a great age mid 80’s when we had a fantastic side. So with that id have to say the last 10 -15 years have been pretty bad when you realise just how far away we are from the top sides. Sides we used to be able to compete for honours with. So much hinges on the new stadium and hopefully kick starting a new era for us.

My very first Everton game that!!!9/3/1971?

1 Frank lampard snr semi final
2 villa league cup final
3 Stapleton's winner quarter final
4 Liverpool semi final 2012
I could probably list another 10 unfortunately

Just let me consult my list.........

1668194254550.png

Status
Not open for further replies.