2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just proven my point really, the RS whose front 3 score about 50 goals a season. We don’t have that, so when we get possession, there’s nothing. No threat, no intent this allows the opposition to step up 10 yards and exploit space

So which ever way you look at it, no matter if he plays 3 4 or 5 in midfield we still won’t create jack because we have no threat.

And that is down to the recruitment
I would agree with you to a point that we need better players, yes of course we do. But it was quite plain for all to see that the midfield were completely shambolic tonight and that for me is a tactical problem. I say it again, if we win that midfield battle, we create chances. How many did we create tonight, 2? If you don't create chances it doesn't matter how many strikers you have on the pitch you're not gonna score.

Just proven my point really, the RS whose front 3 score about 50 goals a season. We don’t have that, so when we get possession, there’s nothing. No threat, no intent this allows the opposition to step up 10 yards and exploit space

So which ever way you look at it, no matter if he plays 3 4 or 5 in midfield we still won’t create jack because we have no threat.

And that is down to the recruitment
But due to our huge limitations, its extremely important we play to our strengths.

That means aggressive direct football at home to use the crowd. Thats exactly what we did against Palace. So why on earth did we decide to try and sit off and play passive slow build up football with no aggression like some sort of pound shop Barcelona?

I dont want to see that style of play ever again. That is not Everton football. Get the ball forward quickly, fight tooth and nail for every ball, and make teams hate coming here.

The tactics tonight were appalling. It was nothing to do with personnel. Our midfield were so out of sync and out of contact with each other I didn't know what the system was. Gueye was obviously the holder cause he kept offering to Pickford. But then he kept losing possession high up the field and no one else was dropping in to cover. Iwobi who I thought was MOM, was up and down like a man possessed when he had the energy and Onana, well, I don't know where he was supposed to be, cause he was like a lost soul. Look at the RS. they play 3 dogs in midfield,win the ball, pick up the loose and get it wide or forward as fast as they can and before you say they're poor this year, it hasn't done them any harm for the last 5 years has it.

Trouble is when our “dogs” win the ball they pass it to gray , Gordon , Neville, DCL or effin maipay.

All of our attacking options are crap , Frank has sorted the defence , improved the midfield and now needs to shop out every last one of our attacking options and upgrade them

I'm struggling with lamps... He knows this is huge for his career.. he did ok with derby and got lucky with a move to Chelsea. Which as we all know didn't last too long

He's really trying to connect with the fans as he knows as long as he keeps the fans sweet it keeps him steady in the job.

Tactically I struggle to understand what he does in a game to try change it, I feel that Leicester ran that game from start to finish he made 5 changes but didn't notice anything different on the pitch

As is always the case with any manager, regardless of the relative ability of the squad, he has to find solutions to problems and work out ways to win games. He’s struggling to do that at the moment, and he needs to fix it pretty quickly. No goals in 4 of the last 5 simply isn’t good enough, you can’t just hide behind a lack of quality in the squad for that type of thing, it’s the managers job to work around that.

I would agree with you to a point that we need better players, yes of course we do. But it was quite plain for all to see that the midfield were completely shambolic tonight and that for me is a tactical problem. I say it again, if we win that midfield battle, we create chances. How many did we create tonight, 2? If you don't create chances it doesn't matter how many strikers you have on the pitch you're not gonna score.
Mate we didn’t win the midfield battle because they were able to easily bypass our press. Gray and McNeil did very little off the ball to fill the gaps when Barnes and Maddison went infield and they overwhelmed us.

When we tried to break, again the front did nothing with the ball except lose it or slow everything down and go backwards

Trouble is when our “dogs” win the ball they pass it to gray , Gordon , Neville, Dominic Calvert-Lewin or effin maipay.

All of our attacking options are crap , Frank has sorted the defence , improved the midfield and now needs to shop out every last one of our attacking options and upgrade them
I agree whole heartedly that we need to improve the forward line. But our midfield did not win anywhere near enough second balls because they weren't a coherent unit. They were disjointed. How many more times do I have to say it. Anyone who knows anything about football must have been watching that tonight thinking that our midfield was a shambles.

Mate we didn’t win the midfield battle because they were able to easily bypass our press. Gray and McNeil did very little off the ball to fill the gaps when Barnes and Maddison went infield and they overwhelmed us.

When we tried to break, again the front did nothing with the ball except lose it or slow everything down and go backwards
My point exactly. So when you haven't got the personnel to do that you have to overload the midfield and control the game from there. The front 3 were appalling too.

Status
Not open for further replies.