2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
My answer is to hold the DoF accountable for not addressing the most obvious issues that the club had for the past 18 months.

We can have 5 in midfield all season, we have not one person who can regularly cause the opposition harm
The tactics tonight were appalling. It was nothing to do with personnel. Our midfield were so out of sync and out of contact with each other I didn't know what the system was. Gueye was obviously the holder cause he kept offering to Pickford. But then he kept losing possession high up the field and no one else was dropping in to cover. Iwobi who I thought was MOM, was up and down like a man possessed when he had the energy and Onana, well, I don't know where he was supposed to be, cause he was like a lost soul. Look at the RS. they play 3 dogs in midfield,win the ball, pick up the loose and get it wide or forward as fast as they can and before you say they're poor this year, it hasn't done them any harm for the last 5 years has it.

For me, sorry guys, Lampard nice guy, got the fans together etc, but good football manager ? Nope, no credentials as a manager, excellent player, but so was gerrard.
Was terrible at Chelsea. A team my grand-mother could coach to 4th place. Now he shows that he has no clue what so ever!

Players at fault today, not the manager, he can't pass the ball for them, he can't make Gray not be the guy that breaks down every play that gets to him,
would be dreadful stats, for quite a while now, where Gray does not get the ball to anyone else or a shot on target, let alone threatening passes and shot.
Gray, McNeil, Maupay, Gordon, Onana, none of them are seizing the moment off the back of good play.
First signs for me this season of them feeling undone, bout the time Tarks hit that poor pass.

Everyone needs to do better including the manager

We cannot lose like that at home to an average side. We cannot play slow passive football at home. We cannot allow oppositions to out run and out work us at home.

I'm not at all happy with that rubbish served up today. Yes we missed 2 clear chances, but we were miles off. I hated every minute of the game and I wont watch that standard and that style of football.

The tactics tonight were appalling. It was nothing to do with personnel. Our midfield were so out of sync and out of contact with each other I didn't know what the system was. Gueye was obviously the holder cause he kept offering to Pickford. But then he kept losing possession high up the field and no one else was dropping in to cover. Iwobi who I thought was MOM, was up and down like a man possessed when he had the energy and Onana, well, I don't know where he was supposed to be, cause he was like a lost soul. Look at the RS. they play 3 dogs in midfield,win the ball, pick up the loose and get it wide or forward as fast as they can and before you say they're poor this year, it hasn't done them any harm for the last 5 years has it.
Just proven my point really, the RS whose front 3 score about 50 goals a season. We don’t have that, so when we get possession, there’s nothing. No threat, no intent this allows the opposition to step up 10 yards and exploit space

So which ever way you look at it, no matter if he plays 3 4 or 5 in midfield we still won’t create jack because we have no threat.

And that is down to the recruitment

Players at fault today, not the manager, he can't pass the ball for them, he can't make Gray not be the guy that breaks down every play that gets to him,
would be dreadful stats, for quite a while now, where Gray does not get the ball to anyone else or a shot on target, let alone threatening passes and shot.
Gray, McNeil, Maupay, Gordon, Onana, none of them are seizing the moment off the back of good play.
First signs for me this season of them feeling undone, bout the time Tarks hit that poor pass.
He signed McNeill, Maupay and Onana.

Our final 3 is just lazy, predictable and not smart enough.

We should have players running beyond DCL, finding those pockets of space and making the right pass, that's how DCL got all those goals 2 seasons ago.

Gordon and Gray are on par with each other in terms of output, McNeil isn't a Winger, Maupay isn't a conventional forward who works in a two and DCL is so limited to his chances that he has to bag from every chance.

With Onana, Gueye and DCL out potentially for the next two games, we have to start to find a formation which allows us to attack fluidly.
I can see Lampard moving back to a 3-4-3/5-3-2 to create more width in the side

Status
Not open for further replies.