Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is we’ve played [Poor language removed], especially with some completely unforced errors but we’ve still arguably had the better chances in the game. I’m confident we’ll win if we knock off some of the woeful passing decisions

Someone want to tell me why we're playing 4 3 3 again after bumming Palace with the 4 2 3 1?

Drop Onana next to Gueye, push Iwobi next to Dom, get Patterson on and maybe Gordon for Gray.

We've really struggled with progressing the ball. Need to put Onana deeper.
Yes this has been obvious all half. Don't understand why Lampard hasn't seen it.

Some good chances created and lots of promise there, set ourselves up for a good 2nd half. Push Coleman into a back 3 and Iwobi RWB and we'll be fine, 2 double pivots in midfield as well please.
Agree

giphy.gif

No ball player apart from Iwobi and he's too far forward to get involved, I see Coleman getting slated again for the goal it was a great ball over the head, Coady had a miskick and we didn't close Tielemans down in time, it was a worldie in fairness to the lad.

Problems are from Onana and Gueye not being comfortable on the ball and Pickford's distribution being woeful when we do give it back to him. He is incapable of playing a good quick ball to feet he just wants to pick an 80 yard punt up the pitch.

Lampard has to change this at half time. Garner/Davies for Gana, Gordon perhaps for Gray and Patterson will be on for Coleman shortly you'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.